1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tried it and not liked it?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by confusedlady, Jun 3, 2012.

1. confusedlady

confusedlady Guest

Has anyone ever been so convinced that they were bi/gay/lesbian/trans etc only to experiment and realize that they were wrong??? Or do you think this happens a lot?

2. TeeJay

TeeJay Guest

I think a lot of people go through denial. I know I did. I wanted to kill myself it was so bad. I didn't realize I was wrong, I tried to make myself believe I was wrong. I wanted to be str8 so bad. Of course I realized I was gay in the early 80's when Hiv/Aids was being spread (and becoming an epidemic). I was scared to death of being gay.

I think that if someone thinks that there gay and experiments with a girl and he is capable of performing, then he will tell himself what ever he has to in order to make himself feel better and possibly make others like him. But the truth will eventually come out. I hope this answers your question.

3. confusedlady

confusedlady Guest

Sorry hun, I meant someone who thinks they are gay, experiments with the same sex and realizes that they were totally wrong.

4. dreamcatcher

Back in middle school, I had a friend who thought she was bi. She then kissed a girl, realized she didn't like it, and said she was straight. It definitely does happen but I this this mostly happens when you're younger and you're starting to make your own identity. I think I've read something like 30% of teens question their sexual orientation but of course, most of them turn out to be straight. However, I think that if you've had emotional and sexual attraction towards women for a very long time it's unlikely that you are straight as that is really what determines whether or not you're gay or bi. Yeah you may experiment with a girl and think it sucks but if you consistently think girls are attractive and find them sexually desirable than you probably were just with the wrong girl. Your desires and attractions determine your sexual orientation, not your behavior.

5. Deaf Not Blind

interesting topic.

6. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm...I'll try to answer this and I'm just speaking for myself. I've never had to go through the experimentation phase. I've always known that I was gay, I was just in denial about it for the longest time. I think dreamcatcher said it best...your desires and attractions determine sexual orientation not your behavior. I have kids and I'm still a lesbian, not bisexual even though I have been with men in the past. I do not enjoy sex with men nor can I love a man. I tried the whole family thing by conforming, but I was so miserable, so I had no choice but to accept my gayness. Also, I had always felt like there was something missing. I'm more drawn to women, all my crushes growing up were girls. It's just crazy because at the tender age of 8, I fell in love with my best friend lol. Oh, and I loved my 1st/2nd grade teacher; when I found out she was going to be my teacher again in the 2nd grade, I was overtly excited.

#6 pinklov3ly, Jun 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2012