1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this guy gay?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by cmullins, Jun 3, 2012.

1. cmullins

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So there is this guy that I am sort of interested in a bit.. He is 17 and I have been ok friends with him for a while now. I have always thought he is gay and I've recently taken an interest in him. He has both ears pierced (which in todays time is NOTHING.. Many people do.), he hangs out with mostly girls (maybe 1 guy??), has never said anything homophobic, there was two guys kissing on tv (during school. it was a movie) and he just looked at it and cracked up... lol., and he dresses very stereotypically gay... I am not going to ask him if he is because I'm sure their response would be no. I also don't want to come out to them as the risk of them outing me is high.

2. TeeJay

TeeJay Guest

It seems that everything he is doing is normal now and days for people to do. And your right, if you ask him then that would just put him on the spot and he could be defensive. Try and become better friends with him, gain his trust, ask him to spend the night or something to where you can get him alone and have a real (serious) conversation with him. Then if your comfortable, ask him. If he trust's you then he might tell you. But be patient and give it time... If you rush it then you might screw it all up and loose him.

3. Ianthe

Hi, Welcome to Empty Closets!

Asking him without coming out to him first would be rude. But do get to know him better, and then see if you can trust him enough to come out to him. Why do you think he would out you?

Do you have any friends that you would trust enough to think about coming out to?

4. BudderMC

If you aren't planning on coming out to him (or your school), why do you need to know if he's gay? I hope it isn't so you can hopefully do things/date him, because that's bound for disaster.