1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does any of you have Phimosis and not bothered?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gazza123, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I've heard that it affects the majority of men and most/some are happy with it. What I want to know from a gay man's POV is this:

1)Do any of you suffer Phimosis and not bothered by it?

2)Does it in anyway affect your sex life?

3)Did any of you have Phimosis and did something about it?

I almost certain that I have Phimosis or at least some form of it (Can't pull foreskin back when erect/Might do when soft but not willing to take the risk of damaging/getting stuck/ etc etc)

Should I do something about it?

2. BudderMC

1) Stop self-diagnosing yourself.
    2) Go see a doctor.
    3) Take the most appropriate course of action under their suggestion.
    4) ???
    5) Profit!

Seriously though, this is now your second/third thread on the same topic where nearly everyone is telling you to go see the doctor. Why won't you go see the doctor? You're quite literally going through every possible option to avoid walking into that room.

All that said, under my own self-diagnosis (enter hypocrisy here), I probably do have it, or a similar problem, and haven't done anything about it. Before it was because I was too chicken to go get it checked out, but now I'm honestly not quite sure how to get myself into the doctor's (seriously, long story). But I fully plan on going. What's the worst that happens?

3. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

That's me done with these forums then
    :icon_sad::icon_sad:
    :rolle:

4. BudderMC

So you're going to leave the forums because you asked for an answer and it wasn't the one you wanted? I could say a whole lot of things, but I think the only resounding thought is that a lot of people would be sad to see someone go over something silly like this.

5. Ianthe

Why would that make you done with the forums?

This is making my glad that I have to go to regular gynecological exams. Something along theses lines would be easily caught by the doctor, and I wouldn't have to bring it up. And if I did have something I was worried about, I'd know exactly who to talk to. (Gynecological exams are embarrassing and uncomfortable, and I've never been glad I needed them before.)

No one is going to judge you for having something physical that you need looked at by a doctor. Certainly not the doctor, who has surely seen weirder things.

This doesn't seem like something you need to be urgently worried about if it isn't interfering with anything. If you have regular check-ups with a doctor, you can probably just have them look at it next time you are in. But if you just can't stop thinking about it, get an appointment with a doctor sooner.

I understand that you have some shame about things to do with your penis. That's normal, but not helpful. If for some reason you have to tell your parents about it in order to see a doctor, just tell them. If you have to write a note or something, do that. Think of it as coming out practice, practicing telling them something that is difficult and embarrassing for you to talk about. They are not going to think anything bad about you for having a medical problem you need help with. They are your parents, and they care about you.

6. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Oh I don't know.

Just feeling kinda "meh" at the moment
    Anyways I'm still unsure about whether just leave EC. That's up to me at the end of the day tbh
    :rolle: