1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush, help?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Catching Insane, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Catching Insane

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    There's this guy at my school that I really like, but every time that I talk to him my mind goes completely blank. I stutter and fumble my words and usually end up saying something really stupid and he pretty much ends the conversation there. I can't get over him, he's so funny and freindly :bang: I think he might be gay because he gets more touchy-feely with guys more than I've seen before, and I don't know... I just get this feeling... but how do I just suck it up and stop with all this nonsense and be able to talk to him?

2. Pain

Pain Guest

Good question!
    Are you friends with him? Maybe, if you have any classes together, pair up with him on something. Just start talking about the assignment, how much you don't like a teacher, just idle chit-chat. Try to catch him doing something that you like, or that you have in common, and just start talking about it.
    Practice going up to random people and saying "Hi" or "Hey." It actually does help!
    Well, I hope I helped a little-- it is a tough thing to do, but sometimes you just gotta forget yourself and go for it. :slight_smile:

3. Ianthe

This is totally normal. Trust me.

I'm going to assume that he's not in your immediate circle of friends. That being the case, I think that you should tell one of your seven friends that you are out to that you like him. That way, you will have someone to help you set up social situations and bring him into your group. This is what straight people often do when they have crushes.

Once you get to know him a little better, you can come out to him. That would be the next step.

4. rainbowfox

this ^
    it is the best thing to do :slight_smile:
    but I should add something too, until you get certain about that he is gay don't fantasy about it :slight_smile:

5. alexmonia

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah don't disclose without getting to know this person that you have a crush on.

6. SMiLeitsme

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If everyone thinks that you are gay, and if you are sure that this fellow is gay as well, then go for it. Don't be annoying about it though. Don't make everyone else feel weird because you want to express yourself.
    When it comes to nerves, talk to him mano y mano. Maybe bring up girls, he might reply with "I'm gay" or "I thought you were gay." Either way you are opening the door. You have to get ready for this though, don't write a script, just prepare yourself for either a bad or a good result.

:slight_smile:

7. rainbowfox

I don't suggest this part, cause if he (i say the "if" word again) is gay you just make him confused, most of people don't say stuff like
    "I'm gay" or "I thought you were gay."
    in response of a simple comment on girls.
    take a look at this thread, it's really informative :slight_smile:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/support-advice/56450-looking-relationship-simpler-than-you-think.html