1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In love with bi boy with a girlfriend!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by ihateusernames, Jun 5, 2012.

1. ihateusernames

For the last two years I have bean crushing on a boy who is one of my closest friends and at this point I really feel like I could love him. Ive always known I was gay and he has told me before that he has no real preference. The major problem is that he currently has a really cool girlfriend that I like to hang out with but that I wish didn't live in the same state or at least was stupid or something. but she isn't and he seems to be pretty happy with her. the thing is There was a point in time when in front of all of my freinds he asked me if I was gay and because I was closeted I said no and he said something like oh too bad because I would really like to date you blah blah. then for the next to weeks or so he was always flirting but he had a girlfriend at the time then too. I have told himthat I was gay since then and that I liked him and he said that he liked me to but it was over text and it was a while ago. Whenever we are together it seems super easy until we are alone and then it gets kind of awkward which makes me feel like theres just sexual tension or something. This guy has a reputation as sort of a player and he has cheated on his girlfriends before. I'm not saying that I want him to cheat on his girlfriend but I loved him before he knew she existed. I'm just so confused but I know that if he offered himself to me I would come out of the closet in like a second. Could someone tell me what I should do?

2. jimL

It sounds like you have given him mixed messages. Maybe he just doesn't know what you want, if anything. When he was flirting with you how did you react? Did you flirt back? If not, because you are maybe too shy or insecure, then he may not really know you are interested in him. He told you he would like to date you!!!!! If you think he was honest in that statement then......go for it! :icon_bigg

3. Ianthe

Hi, Welcome to Empty Closets!

Consider coming out anyway. He might prefer not to date someone in the closet.

But don't cheat with him--if he's going to be with you, he should break it off with her.

You might want to talk about it in person with him, too. It's likely that he isn't sure the text messages were serious.

4. ihateusernames

Im usually not a shy person at all but something about how confident he is makes me feel likme I'm doing it the wrong way and he always is so carefree and perfect. I'm just not even sure with this guy because he is kind of an attention hog and he might have only said those things to be funny or weird or something. I have to be sure or I'll make a fool out of myself. Realistically I have only a year left to do something and I don't think I could forgive myself if I never did anything to find out. I'm just afraid because if he loved me I would face the problems to be with him, but my father told me that if I was ever gay he would try to beat it out of me. I don't live with my father but I still love him very much. the rest of my family wouldn't care at all but I don't think they could keep their mouths closed either. it sucks because I'm pretty sure that my friends would already know if I told them and I think my mom could figure it out if she cared. thank you for your help too ive never done this before.

---------- Post added 5th Jun 2012 at 11:54 AM ----------

I only care about when I'm with him but what if he doesn't want any part of me and he's in love with her...

5. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Umm... No don't go for it. If he is willing to cheat on his girlfriend to be with you then he will be willing to cheat on you with the next guy/girl that comes along. Have a talk with him in person as Ianthe suggested and if he really wants to be with you then have him end it on moral terms.