1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm bisexual and I want to know how to find another guy like me

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by SMiLeitsme, Jun 5, 2012.

1. SMiLeitsme

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I live in Southern Oregon. I live in the biggest town in the county, but that's not a huge accomplishment. I want to find another gay or bisexual guy without starting an online dating profile.... What should I do?

2. Kyubi

Let me know as soon as that question is answered lol....I think it's right next to the question of existence....

3. Tycho

Maybe join some GLBTQ clubs or events in your area? That is how I met most of my friends, and from there links were formed which opened up dating opportunities etc...

4. SMiLeitsme

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I guess my question would more accurately be; I want to find someone that shares my same sexual interests. I'm not even really looking for a partner. Strength in numbers, right.

5. Gen

Gen

You gotta show some skin :slight_smile:........................

Lol but seriously everyone seems to ask themselves this question but i believe usually one, or more, of these 2 things. 1. Your just not meant to be in a relationship right now, and I know these is the most generic answer but it is a very valid answer. 2. How open, social, and like-able are you? Are you in college/highschool? Do you hang out with your friends often? Basically, how often are you out and social because you cant expect to find people, if your not around them to begin with.

Though do you mean finding people who are bi/gay or getting them to like you because they are kinda different.

6. Kyubi

clubs? Which clubs?....do we have clubs? It sounds so secret society-y...lol

7. SMiLeitsme

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am a really out-going type of person. I guess you could have called me popular at one time. I moved for my junior and senior years due to some legal issues. I don't know where most of my old friends live now. Many of them just graduated, and I am going to go to community College soon, but where I live is not exactly "gay-friendly."

8. ThatCoopKid

If it's not really gay friendly, then you probably should start online. If you're worried about people possibly seeing who might not be friendly, don't post a profile picture or your last name. It'll allow you to meet some new people and keep you secure and hidden at the same time. But, if you're heading to college, you probably have a car. You should try a LBGT support group somewhere nearby if possible. They're very secretive and your identity won't be leaked.

9. Ianthe

Well, think seriously about being more out. You may already know some gay and bisexual guys who are closeted, and you may never find each other if none of you comes out.

On the other hand, there is a Gay Straight Alliance at your local community college. Perhaps you should start with that. This page has all the campus clubs listed, and you can contact the organizer for the GSA by email or phone. If that's not the right school, it's a pretty good bet your school will have one, too.

That would be my top suggestion for a college student. Even if you aren't starting right away, you can contact the group as a prospective student, and ask if they have any information on community events that you could attend between now and when you do enroll. They should be a good resource for that.

10. SMiLeitsme

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    THANK YOU IANTHE. I didn't find that page before... That's where I will be going to next month. That would be awesome, to meet people in Roseburg that isn't a homophobe...:eusa_clap

11. Ianthe

You're Welcome!