1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

people look different

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by confusedlady, Jun 6, 2012.

1. confusedlady

confusedlady Guest

I've been trying to accept the possibilty of me being a lesbian. Its been really difficult, for the past 3 months I have been a very weird state. I do have ocd. But this seems different, people look different and strange, my family looks weird, so does my house. I look different and so does my daughter. Has anyone ever experianced this?

2. Just Passing

Hello there, welcome to Empty Closets.

I and am sure many others have experienced this to some degree. The reason behind this is because we're getting used to a new possibility and one that nobody else knows about yet and the on-going thought in our minds that when people find out this new information, they'll view us in a different light perhaps a negative one.

And of course, you're viewing others as being different, in their case as straight as opposed to yourself being gay, a lesbian, etc, etc.

All the best of luck. :slight_smile:

3. Jim1454

I understand what Just Passing was talking about, but I'm not sure that's what you are describing here. The fact that you see even your house differently seems odd.

I'm wondering if you're feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment. Do you have any kind of support? Have you talked about your orientation with a counsellor or therapist? That might be helpful, especailly given the fact that you have OCD.

I'm in the Toronto area too! So if you'd like to send me a private message to talk about this feel free. Otherwise you can keep the conversation going in this thread for the benefit of others.

4. confusedlady

confusedlady Guest

I just look so different now. I feel like I can't look at myself I don't know who I am and I want to dress more boyish. I feel like I'm losing myself. My daughter looks so different, I don't want this baby. I just want to find a girlfriend cause I think it'll make me happy...I really just wantt to be a lesbian if that will make this stop. But I don't want people and things to look unfamiliar...

#4 confusedlady, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2012