1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need adice QUICK!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Destiny, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Destiny

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok, so my friend and I came out to each other and told each other how we like each other.... problem is we don't know what to do. We want to go ahead with it but are afraid of how are parents would react.

Mine would probably tell us we're to young. And, there's no telling how hers will react. Hers don't even know she is attracted to girls...let alone me. Pls help! :help:

Also...if we do tell our parents how would we bring it up?

Well....we're really nervous lol so we wanted answers quickly >.<

#1 Destiny, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  2. Jim1454

I'm know I'm pretty old, and maybe you don't want to hear from me, but I had to chuckle when I read your post...

What exactly did you need to get advice about QUICKLY? Where's the fire?!? What's the rush?!? I assumed you needed help with something that had to be resolved this afternoon!

I would say that your friend needs to come out first before telling her parenst that she has a girlfriend. It's just a logical order in which to do things. If she isn't prepared to do that, then she certainly shouldn't tell her parents.

Is it necessary for her to tell her parents? It's not like you're going to elope or get married any time soon.

I don't think it's unusual for 15 year olds to date - although your parents might feel that it isn't necessary and that it's a distraction from your school work - which is what you should be focussed on. But again, you're not going to get married and run off together, so as long as you behave responsibly and demonstrate that you ARE old enough to date, then it shouldn't be an issue for your parents either.

3. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're 15 years old, I'd say that you should get to know each other romantically for a little bit before you make the decision to tell your parents. If they bring it up and you're not ready to talk about it yet then just deny it to your parents for the time being.

Take some time to think about things and CALM DOWN.

4. Ianthe

Is she ready to be out to her parents? Would it be safe? If not, your relationship will have to be a secret from them.
    In that case:
    Will your parents be willing to keep a secret from her parents? If not, your relationship will have to be a secret from them, too.

Regarding your parents--they will think you are too young for what, exactly? They can't stop you having feelings for each other, you already have them. I suppose they could try to stop you from seeing each other at all, but that's not going to be effective. They could stop you from calling it a relationship, I guess.

If you mean any kind of particular sexual activity, I expect that there is going to be a lot they think you are too young for and will forbid. There are a lot of things I would recommend waiting on myself. But whatever, restricting your kid's sexual behavior is notoriously unsuccessful.

They might not want you to go on dates or something, but that won't stop the two of you from having a relationship. She would still be your girlfriend.

You are at an age where dating actually starts to be expected--school dances expect you to come with a date.

Do you think they'll think you're too young specifically for a lesbian relationship, but it would be okay if you were dating boys?

5. davidroberts

der is no hurry :slight_smile: take your time :slight_smile: its great that you have each other . be each others strength and concentrate more on your school and fortifying your relationship with each other. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: best of luck

6. Destiny

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people

Her parents would think that she is to young for a lesbian girlfriend, mine thinks I'm to young in general :S

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well you dont have to tell them, certainly not straight away. Firstly I think its important that you just get to know each other better and enjoy spending time with each other take it slow and then in time when it is right and safe to do so you can tell your parents.

8. rainbowfox

as all other fellows said you don't have to discuss it with your parents now :slight_smile: give yourselves time :slight_smile: know each other more :slight_smile:

9. csocm

i would suggest not telling your parents yet, spend more time with her and then when you both are ready then come out. if you don't know her parents and she doesnt know yours, then it might not be a bad idea to spend time meeting each others parents so that they can get to know you. then they may be more accepting if they know the other girl. (i hope that makes sense.)

10. Destiny

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    We came out to our parents and everything turned out great <3

11. rainbowfox

I'm really glad to hear that :slight_smile: (*hug*)

12. Mej7

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    congrats :slight_smile:
    I'm glad things went well for you 2.