1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this cheating?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by commandZ, Jun 6, 2012.

1. commandZ

Gf spent the night out and I stumbled drunkenly to a gay club where I flirted with a boy. There was some heavy petting and some grinding but no kissing and I went home alone.

I feel bad. Should I?

2. cscipio

How would your partner have viewed it?

3. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are a variety of things to consider - such as does your girlfriend know you're questioning and what would/does she think about it, and how would you feel if she did the same thing you did - so it's hard to say if this is "cheating" or not.

Do you feel bad because you feel like you're doing this behind her back and she wouldn't want you to, or because you're having anxiety about same-sex contact?

4. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The issue is intent. If you'd told your girlfriend before hand you were going to do this, and she was fine with it, there's no problem. If you think she would be upset if she knew, there's a problem.

Bottom line: If you are doing something you need to keep secret... don't do it :slight_smile: And if you do, the ethical thing to do is to be up front and tell your girlfriend.

5. TeeJay

TeeJay Guest

You shouldn't be asking us.... You should be asking your girl friend.

A lot of people would perceive this differently, You need to find out how she perceives it.

6. julia

You should tell your girlfriend about it, it may seem like nothing but your girlfriend will really respect you if you tell her, she deserves to know. nOn the discussion, was is it cheating? I'm not quite sure but I don't think it was fair to your girlfriend.