1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Would You Do In My Situation?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LetMeBeMe22, Jun 6, 2012.

1. LetMeBeMe22

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Where do I start? I'm 16 and I'm in the 10th grade, life hasn't been the best especially when 50% of the time your questioning who you are. I'm unsure about my sexuality. When I was about 10-13 I remember dating a few girls. But then as I got to high school the questioning really started kickin in. After reading this you may have thought I went from liking girls to liking guys but not quite. It's almost like I like neither sex. When I think about having sex with girls I don't get aroused, its like I have no desire to be sexually active and its really starting to get to me. Especially when you have an annoying ass father who every other day asks you, "why don't you have a girlfriend?" or "when are you gonna start taking things with a girl to the next step?". I kinda understand the reason why my dad always tries to have these talks with me, because I am 16 and the average/normal 16 year old would have been had girlfriends, been kissed a few girls, and etc. When I see a pretty girl I'm like "wow she's pretty" but I never take things to the next level because of this confusion. Then there's the guys, its pretty much the same as the girl situation. I see a guy and I do say things like "he's good lookin". But here is where things get tricky, with me not being sexually active at all. There is one thing that turns me on, its my fetish "flatuophilia" its basically guys flatuence turns you on and the thought having a guy pass gas on you turns you on. Ikno, weird right? I'm always texting guys who has the same fetish as me, I always imagine guys in my school farting on me, looking at a guys butt and things like that. So that's how my life is right about now, and I'm unsure about how I should go about things. With being unsure with who I am, I don't want to go out and meet new people because, what's the point of trying to get to kno someone when you don't even kno who you are? I only have a select few friends, I'm mostly in the house, and I keep a lot of things/feelings to myself. I juss need someone to talk to, and advice would be helpful.

---------- Post added 6th Jun 2012 at 06:17 PM ----------

It's getting to the point where my dad told me the other day to ask a girl on a date, and I'm not ready for that yet. I don't wanna tell my fqtger this because I'm just not ready to. I wanna take things slow, and its not normal for a 16year old to live that way. I should be going to parties, meeting up with friends, dating, and living life fast and fun :frowning2: why did I have to be the weird child, why me?

2. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    I'll start by saying that you're not the only one who feels out of place.

I would start by asking your father to stop asking you if you have a girlfriend, I know exactly how frustrating it is. If you politely request the he stop asking, he may choose to stop asking you.

When you say that you sometimes don't feel attracted to anybody, I would simply recommend dating somebody and finding out. I know that this may seem like a heartless thing to do, but it is a normal thing for people to do.

We are all in the same boat, so if you want some advice, don't be shy to post another thread! :slight_smile:

3. LetMeBeMe22

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks :slight_smile: I just don't want to ask (specifically a girl) out now because if she finds out about my situation it won't be pretty. No one wants rumors going around about them in high school.

4. Menaki-Neko

Fargo North Dakota, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    Well, in that case I suppose that the best option right now is to just sit back and enjoy life right now. Your sexuality isn't as important to living your life as people make it out to be. The only time you're to late for discovering your sexuality is when you're dead.

5. TeeJay

TeeJay Guest

If your dad asks/says anything about a girlfriend again, just snap back at him that your gay! Even if your not this should get your dad off your back for a while. (nothing worse then getting peer pressured by your dad!)

As far as not being sexually interested in girls or guys... Don't worry about it, your only 16 you got plenty of time to figure out what you want/like.

And as for your fetish, are you happy with it? Because if your not then you may want to look online about how to break a fetish. There's no guarantee it will stick around, your hormones are out of control now and things will change as you get older. But it's possible that it could stick around and maybe get stronger. Who knows, perhaps you should tell your dad you need to see a therapist... after you tell him your gay. I'm sure he'll agree.

Your not weird! Your a kid who is going through puberty and your hormones are out of control. I wouldn't worry about it, but I wouldn't tell anyone about it either. Kids can be cruel, and they would tease you, as you know. But your not weird.

You have a great deal more courage then I ever did at your age, I could never come on a web page and talk about my secrets like this (not that they had web pages then). You doing this takes a lot of guts, and I admire you for it...

6. LetMeBeMe22

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I agree 100% hulu735. but its stressful when people start to question you aka my father

Thanks TeeJay! My fetish does make me happy, its one of the only things I think about. It also feels good to text ppl through phone who likes it too, makes me feel like I'm not the only one. If I could make it go away, I would in a heartbeat though. and lol I don't think I'm ready to flat out yell at my homophobic dad "I'm GAY" which I'm not 100% sure about just yet.

#6 LetMeBeMe22, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  7. TeeJay

TeeJay Guest

lol, your choice but it would probably get him to stop harassing you... I was also thinking that the reason he harasses you is probably because he see's the way your living your life and he's afraid that you might be gay and he is harassing you in hopes of turning it around.

Maybe if you sit down and talk to him, man to man, and tell him that your only 16 yrs old and you just don't think about sex right now and want to focus on school, sports, church, whatever. And tell him your not gay, str8, or bi. Right now your just a 16 yr old kid who's trying to enjoy life.

Perhaps then he will leave you alone and let you be you.

8. LetMeBeMe22

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hmm, I'll think about it.

9. Pinstripe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I just want to say that I don't think there's such a thing as a "normal 16-year-old." I know there are a lot of pressures telling you when to start dating and who to date, especially if your dad is that pushy, but I'd say focus on being yourself for now. As for me, I was 17 when I dated a guy for the first time, and I certainly didn't want to do anything more than kiss. Maybe this makes me a late bloomer too, but looking back on it, it hardly seems to matter much.

10. LetMeBeMe22

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
  11. LetMeBeMe22

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning