1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I know a million people feel the same way, but I just need to expel some stuff.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by stillaweirdo, Jun 7, 2012.

1. stillaweirdo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I feel so freaking lonely. I stay up all night and sleep all day and feel abandoned by my family. So many of my friends don't stick around or stay close enough to me and it's just tiresome. I'm that weird kid in my private Christian school, so things are pretty lonely during the school year, but now that school is out, it's even worse. I have about two really close, reliable friends, which is good, but my parents refuse to let me associate with them, so all my correspondence with them is secret. The only thing close to a regular friend that I have is this open-minded straight guy friend that I'm basically in love with. I feel like such a stalker and want to just keep him as a close friend, but I keep trying to subliminally persuade him to consider me and it's just getting weirder and weirder. So, I draw and paint out most of what I feel. And also ramble on Empty Closets threads. So, thanks for reading. Any sort of response would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm just having a bit of a depressed phase right now. :help: I felt a cute smiley would contribute somehow.

2. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well I can tell you with great certainty that school sucked for me too, I was one of two out gay kids in my school of 2000, the other was my lesbian bff, I met people through friends and online, which helped, but it was still akward, all I can say is that it really does get a lot better, but it takes time, too much time because I know it feels like forever, but a year or two doesn't mean much when you look back on it in the future.
    on a side note does your family know?

3. stillaweirdo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My family does know. I came out to them about four years ago and things have been horrible. Regular verbal abuse now, but it used to be physical. They actually hired a preacher to cure me at one point. Needless to say, that was a failure.

---------- Post added 7th Jun 2012 at 04:04 AM ----------

One thing that I keep in my head that is such an encouragement was my spring break trip across Europe that I took this year. It exposed me to so much. I can't wait to actually become a part of the world.

4. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  5. stillaweirdo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you. I'll remember that. I'm snuggled up with my laptop and some random romantic comedy, so I'll be fine for now. I just needed to spew everything out in one fell swoop. It helps to do that every once in a while in the anonymity of the internet.

6. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

(*hug*) I can relate a little, though my mom is more accepting and it's her husband who's been dealing out rules against me being gay, never letting me see my two friends or girlfriend, and giving out verbal abuse bad enough to make up for the 5 days he isn't here.

7. stillaweirdo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow, sounds like a douche to me. My parents are both awful, but they're both present and obviously seem to think that they're doing right. Well, kinda. They show classic signs of guilt at times, but it never sticks. How long have you been out to your parents?