1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure what to do...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Hawthorne, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Hawthorne

I am not necissarily out but people do know something is up... I am not quite sure what to do I have been putting on the facade of being straight for the longest time and people think that I am an all american straight man. Which I know is not the case and never will be the case, the person I want to tell I feel will reject me and likely will no longer be my friend, He would be the one that I would be most comfortable telling but I also know the rejection that he might feel...:bang: help I just am not sure what to do.

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you feel there is anyone you can entrust that would accept this positively and wouldn't reject you or feel negative about it? If you're considering coming out, maybe it would be best to either first come out to someone who you would be close to certain would take it well and see how their reactions are. If that's not something that can be done, coming out to your friend is an option. Just be completely serious about it and let him know this changes nothing and you're still the same person you always have been and still his friend. I guess the only thing for sure is you don't know how he will react for certain until you do tell him. But only when you're ready. :slight_smile:

3. Hawthorne

Well I didn't do it directly I asked him questions and he basically said he loves the person no matter what their past or decisions are but he thinks its gross and to not bring it up and if the person does he will just ignore it. So it was better than I thought so that is that so, I still technically need to officially come out to him but I believe I will when the time is right.

4. davidroberts

everybody feels that way some or the other day. but u need not come out at the same time. confide in ur dearest friends. and try ro get there idea abt lgbt bfore. later wen u have a safety net around then it hardly matters whether ppl thing smthing is cookin or something is burnt :wink: :wink:

5. Hawthorne

I agree with what you say, I haven't come out to anyone except one person and they burned me really badly so I have been afraid to come out to anyone else ever...

6. davidroberts

but all are not the same. you can test der views by bringing up the topic during conversation :slight_smile: try some of the nicest ppl u know, girls are better in dis regard :slight_smile: or some cousins you r close to