1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just curious

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LimePopsicle, Jun 7, 2012.

1. LimePopsicle

LimePopsicle Guest

How do you respond to someone who questions your identity?

On a site, I am...not really openly FtM, but I do let people know at some point. Well, I'm naturally a silly person who is pretty easily excited. That being said, I will start getting, um, "girly." At least, that's how people see it. Honestly though, I don't see what's girly about how I act. Yes, I am quite expressive. Yes, I will make odd faces and noises (seriously, I make weird sounds when I'm irritated :lol:slight_smile:. But really, I'm girly because of that?Guys I know are like that. Some even more so than me! But no one calls them girly.

The reason I bring this up is because a girl said that it makes no sense at all for someone to be FtM when they act the way I do. She said it totally defeats the purpose and I have to be manly and all that junk in order to be FtM... I won't lie, I got kinda ticked off :lol:. She doesn't know me that well, and she tells me that I can't be an FtM transgender. But that is unimportant.

But I guess what I'm really asking is: what is transgender really? Do I have it all wrong, or...?

2. Keelin

As for the question: Transgender is the umbrella term for anyone that feels like they are outside the original binary or wants to go to the other side of it. The two parts of the binary are Male and Female. A transgender may be androgyne (being neutral of male and female), agendered (having no gender), hermaphroditic (having both sexual parts. This is rare), crossdresser (identifying as one gender, but either secretly or publicly dressing as the opposite sex), transexual (the "official" term for mtf or ftm. Although, people will simply use "transgender" instead, because of whatever reason [I think it sounds nicer].) Finally, Genderfluid is when a person will feel male on moment, and female the next.

I'm sorry for that paragraph of mishmash, but basically, you can say "transgender" or "transexual" to describe how you feel.

As for the lovely girl who said you weren't a boy, who cares. That person cannot tell how you feel. She doesn't think about all the stuff you might have to go through being trans. or why you feel like you do.

Sorry for the terrible reply, but I hoped it helped just a little bit.

~Keelin