1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flirting with guys

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Redeuropean, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Redeuropean

Hi All!!!

So my question today is pretty simple:

is flirting with guys different than flirting with girls?

I mean, I came out 3 weeks ago soooooo........ I have no experience with guys:icon_redf but I kinda have experience with girls (It always worked when I tried :eusa_danc), but I feel that guys are different, or maybe It is just my imagination.

However, I know that the question might be confusing so do u have any advice on how to get a guy attention?

P.S.

I have a crush on this guy and I think he likes me too :badgrin:

P.S.S

Sorry for my English I had a long day :sleep:

2. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

I've never tried flirting with girls, but I would imagine you can get away with a lot more subtlety with females than you generally could with guys. If your regular flirting tactics don't work when you're flirting with guys, don't be afraid to kick it up a notch, to get more forward or more overt with your message (as long as you don't go overboard, of course).

The question I always go back to when I'm thinking about flirting is, how would I want someone to flirt with me so I'd be as comfortable with it as I can be and so that I'd actually pick up on it? You'll have to answer that for yourself, but that question can give you a lot of insight if you can answer it.

Regarding this guy: Have you two talked before? Are you already acquainted? Or are you trying to get his attention because you two don't know each other?

3. Ianthe

Is it possible that guys seem different for you because you feel differently about them?

Anyway, I think flirting is more or less the same. At least, it is if you are out to the person you are flirting with. If they don't know you are gay, you would have to be REALLY blatantly obvious to get the idea across just with flirting. Well, it might work if you know he's gay, and he knows you know. But "gay" kind of needs to be part of the context, if you understand what I mean.

If you aren't out to the guy you are crushing on, come out to him.

4. Redeuropean

That's exactly what I'm doing, I mean guys are waaay much harder to pick up than girls. Naturally, even girls were really hard but I did that for years :thumbsup: while with guys I just started :icon_redf , but I have to say that, when I'm talking with a guy there is more physical contact more sexual tension probably :eek:.

We work together and we talk a lot because we have to spend more than 5 hours in the same place!!! but It seems to me that my flirting skills are working out pretty well (!) I can totally see that he's interested in me, but still I dunno how to make the next step I'm kinda afraid...:icon_redf

---------- Post added 7th Jun 2012 at 09:37 PM ----------

I think, Guys feel different to me but I do not know if it's just because I'm a noob with guys or because they are really different :roflmao:,the point is that I have never had any experience with any guy, I mean every time I talk to a gay guy I'm kinda embarrassed not because I'm scared of them but because I don't know what to do :bang: prolly I just need experience :thumbsup:

5. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

If you're that sure about it, I say, to hell with the flirting! If you're already at the level of familiarity that comes with spending that much time around someone regularly, go right for it! Of course, when I say "go right for it", that's really a multi-layered phrase of encouragement.

Does he know you're gay? If he doesn't, come out to him and see how he reacts. If he does know...

Do you know for a fact that he likes guys? If not, ask him casually some day after you've already talked about other stuff for a while, so the question doesn't end up dominating the conversation if he says no. If you do know for a fact that he likes guys...

Then ask him! As the great YouTuber John Green put it, "Use your words!" Ask him, "Hey, you're pretty fun to talk with and you're a really nice guy. You wanna go on a date to [insert your location of choice here] some time?" Even if he doesn't like the location, if he's interested in a date, that won't stop him, and you or he can suggestion someplace else. And if he isn't interested? Now you know, and you can stop worrying about it. Win win!

Of course, it's way more daunting than that advice might make it seem, but it really can be that simple if you choose to make it so. So go for it! :thumbsup: