1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upset and sad about people in our country...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sayu, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Sayu

So today was the Pride Parade in our country (I didn't attend, cause it was too far away + I'm not even out to my family) and I have just read some articles about it and the discussion below was like a nightmare. There were maybe three positive answers in 20 negative on one page. And some of them were really aggressive:

- Money from our taxes are used for these UFOs' parade!
    - Lol, faggots were promenading, they're really crazy if they have to show to people on the streets that they're ill.
    - Even if they were wearing black suits it would be obvious they aren't normal, their faggy smiles, faggy looks and faggy moves, they're simply deviant.

There are dozens of comments like this :icon_sad:

I am so disappointed. In the future I want to live in my country, but it just seems so hard :tears:

2. snowflurry

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Online articles are the worst...next to things like youtube videos. The comments people leave online can be pretty brutal since they're totally anonymous. It's disgusting, but I try not to even look at those. Those people just want to hurt others, and so don't give into it!

3. JustMeForNow

Ya, sometimes it can seem like a slap in the face.. Luckily there's people like us and I feel like the worlds veiws are changing, slowly but surly. Those who write those things online obviously don't care about how people see them. They are giving themselves a bad image.

4. Lewis

Ignore it! We need to stop giving a crap what people think and get on with our lives. People are changing slowly but surely, but we can't wait around for them to change their views. As long as we have friends and family that support us, who else matter? We can't suppress our lives even more waiting for them to accept us...

5. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ouch! That is pretty terrible, but they're not the first people who will say such vicious things nor will they be the last. You have to start learning not to care about what people think. Every little derogatory statement used to described gay people used to bother me, but not anymore. My skin has grown thicker by just laughing at comments like that. I've been reading this book called, The Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Dr. Joseph Murphy. It's such a great book that a friend recommended that I read it because he knew I was being affected by negative heterosuggestions. You should be able to find it online...it's helped me tremendously :slight_smile: