1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really awkward question...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by aTadInsane, Jan 13, 2008.

1. aTadInsane

aTadInsane Guest

Ok so tonight I was talking to my friend Kyle (who is a female) and she said that she and her boyfriend (who is bisexual) wanted me to participate in a threesome with them, but she said that I would be participating with him and she would be providing... backup so to speak. Now we have all been tested and none of us have STD's (still going to play it safe and use condoms) but I have to ask the adults of EC, is this a good idea? I mean, I won't get an STD but could there be any other possible consequences for this? I know this is kind of weird but I really can't talk to my parents about this, my dad doesn't know I'm gay and well, I just don't want to tell my mom I am planning on participating in a threesome :confused:

2. Grantious

Hey hey,

If risks seem pretty slim for something to go terrably wrong but its really up to personal taste... Do you want to do it??? if so then i think you should go for it...

Catch

3. Louise

Ok so if we say that STD's are not the issue here and that you will use condoms anyway (wise idea) the only possible problem is psychological.

What will this mean to you and how will you see yourself afterwards? I am assuming that you are already sexually active and have not a b/f at the moment because if this is not the case I would strongly recommend that you avoid these people!

So on this assumption, do you like your friends b/f? are you attracted to him? would you like to have this experience just for the fun and see if it does it for you? If you think deeply about these questions and they are all unequivetably yes, then go for it, have fun and enjoy the experience. IF however you have the slightest doubt about any of these questions then you should probably wait untill you are a bit older and more experienced before making such a decision.

If you have doubts you could end up feeling sullied, used and spoil the image you have of yourself and the person you want to be. Adolescence is a difficult time anyway without adding extra problems, an idea, image or fantasy can be very exciting but the reality is another kettle of fish, you have to be able to live with yourself and feel happy about what you have done.

Many years ago my head of form at school told us all 'if you are not sure wether you should do something, if you can't look your mum in the eye and tell her about it then you probably shouldn't be doing it'. This has stood me in very good stead (not necessarily on a sexual level coz no one wants to talk to their parents about sex, but in general).

On a personal level, I find the idea of threesome sex very exciting but have never and will never do it because I KNOW that I would feel used, left out and just a sex object. Sex is something I do as an intimate expression of my love more than just for pleasure. I would end up hating myself and my self esteem would hit rock bottom so I don't do it... but that doesn't stop me thinking about it :icon_bigg , fantasizing and even talking to my partner about it who feels the same as I do. It stays in our fantasies and is just fine there!

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat.
    PS you are new here so let me introduce myself, I am the mum of one of the posters here and will be very happy to chat with you and give you my opinion on things but it is just that MY opinion nothing more. :slight_smile: (*hug*)

4. CrimsonThunder

Definitely!

I find nothing more hot than a good bi MMF or FFM. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Since your health is not an issue, all you need to ask yourself is if this will affect you mentally. Louise put it well, and since you said you don't want to talk with your mom about it, it seems like you may be a bit hesitant. Think long and hard (no pun intended) before you agree to this.

6. sexyalex

i don't see this being a welness issue for you both have perfectly good scores. however, i am not going to tell u NOT to do it because it may lower ur self esteem for it may not be the same in experience for everyone. you should probebly try it for yourself if ur strong enough and do it. further more, are u even attracted to this guy? cuz if ur not, u will find it very hard to do anything with him and how is she a back up? wouldn't you be the back up? (wow, i always knew girls love bisexual men but i never knew they would share sex with them)

7. Fiorino

I think you need to think about it first. Are you attracted to him? How will you feel mentally afterwards? Only do it if you're really sure, otherwise don't.
    Hope that helped

8. Hollywood

Yeah I agree...think about if you will feel guilty or if it'll change things between you and Kyle, etc. There are always represcussions when you sleep with someone and they all depend on your relationship with that person previously.

9. aTadInsane

aTadInsane Guest

Well lets see, I am definately attracted to her b/f (his hair is so frickin pretty) and I've known her for about three and a half years, and I've known him for a little over a year so we all have a very good friendship. I know this isn't something that would affect our friendship at all and if anything it would boost my self esteem (I have really low self esteem and to think they would want me of all people to join them was kind of uplifting) so I guess that I'll just go for it. Thanks everybody for your advice, especially Louise :icon_bigg

10. Hollywood

hmm...i would say "good luck" but that sounds kind of awkward...

have fun! :wink:

11. Jim1454

My only warning would also have been around this altering your relationship with your friend and her bf. I don't see how it couldn't change it somehow...

The other thing with a threesome is just that - there are 3 people involved in an activity that is usually between 2 people. My experience has been that one of the 3 people feels a little left out - as 2 of the people usually are more in synch with each other than with the third. So either you'll feel awkward and left out or you'll make one of them feel awkward and left out - which might not be good for their relationship or your friendship with them. So keep that in mind.

Otherwise, have fun.

12. Louise

If you feel sure about this these are probably the best conditions you could ask for... friends that you know and are attracted to. Go, enjoy and keep it where it belongs, a bit of fun between friends for the sake of fun and an interesting experience, no broken hearts, no possesion, no jelousy.

Is your friend sure that she want's to watch HER man being intimate with someone else... hum not sure I would!

I do agree with Jim though, I don't really see how you can sleep with someone and it not change your relationship with them but then I'm not you and don't fully know your situation.

You seem all very mature and sensible about it (STD tests and protection) asking other people's advice not just doing it on a drunken whim. So, go, have fun, enjoy yourself whatever you decide.:icon_bigg

13. acorn7

Tell us how it goes :wink: You do realize you're pretty lucky just to have the chance to do this at your age (at least I think so...)

14. Evilmonkey

umm, yeah go for it! your 16, its gonna be safe and fun!!!

15. chrisb

I've had two threesomes both safe and fun.....if you wan't to talk to me in pm's about it that's cool....oh mine was with two guys so i guess a slight difference.....are you bi? for me if there was a girl there i dont even know if i could get hard, not to offend women on here but i don't enjoy the female form that way at all so it would do little to help a sexual encounter, plus women can be weird about threesomes lol