1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out should I ?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by AKS, Jun 9, 2012.

1. AKS

AKS

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi every body it's me Austin again my question is should I come out I mean i really want to but as I told u before I live in arkansas and my family are devote Christians but when I said that my family is homophobic my family is just really gays are goin to hell and they always criticize my friend about being gay but I just want to be me which is a real girlly girl who luvs her gymnastics but is afraid of the outcome but I guess it just boils down to everything I've heard says it's better to start hrt closer to puberty if I could I would do it now but I guess my question is just should I do it now or wait till I'm 18 and move out

2. Ianthe

Well, how do you think your family would respond if you came out?

3. AKS

AKS

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Nt very good I just need somebody to push me one way which ever way they think is best

4. Ianthe

If you think they are likely to help you get the treatment you want and need, you should come out.

If you think they are likely to kick you out of the house, or beat you, or send you to some kind of therapy to "fix" you so that you will be a "straight guy", or otherwise abuse you, then you should wait

I don't know your parents and can't possibly predict what they will do, so you have to use your own judgment in terms of whether it is safe to come out to them. Will they freak out for a while and then accept you? Or will they not accept you at all, and make you miserable?

You know them, and I don't, and what you should do depends on how they are likely to respond.

Unfortunately, I think you have to err on the side of caution--if it is possible that it is not safe, you should wait to come out.