1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mediocre grad party

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by alexi12, Jun 10, 2012.

1. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

Once upon a time, about two years ago, I liked this guy a lot for a very long time. This ended terribly and we never went anywhere... and he did some things that made me just upset with myself for liking him so much. After time has passed, I am friends with this person and I would never consider being any more then that. The only reason we are friends is because we have so many mutual friends and overtime, this was all put in the past. I also still think he is a very good looking person, but again I would never consider a relationship because I know it wouldn't work.

This year, I have kind of liked another guy, at least more then I've liked anyone else recently. This guy may or may not be gay even though I am convinced he is. One thing is that I don't think a relationship with this guy would work well as much as I would like it too. Our personalities are not a great match. I think we both may like attention too much, we frequently have manly arguments, not big arguments but we would bicker a lot.

Both guys today are my friends and they were both at my graduation party. Guy one I know for a fact has a huge crush on guy two and is doing anything he can to get guy two. They spent almost of the graduation party with each other, next to each other, etc.

Basically I am worried that they are going to end up together and I am just really down about it. I don't know how well that would work, but I couldn't stand seeing them together as a couple at all, and I know it is just me. Guy one also never stops talking about guy two, which does not help at all. And when he talks about guy two, he gets more attention.

I know it is wrong for me to get in the way of any of this... at least that is what it seems. I just don't know how to look past it at all.

#1 alexi12, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2012
  2. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it seems like you don't need either of them, find someone worth your time, and let them make each happy or miserable until the cows come home.

3. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

So simple and so legitimate right there... In the long term grand scheme of things, I think i am comfortable just following that.

I really just don't know how to deal with my jealous instincts when guy one is always talking about guy two and getting all this attention and everyone telling him that they hope it works out. I don't want to end up handling this the wrong way. Guy one is someone who talks about guys all the time and that is mostly all he talks about. Although my friends know I'm out, I don't feel that they realize that I like guys just as much as this guy simply because I talk about other things most of the time. I have a life outside of my crushes.

4. Deaf Not Blind

just maybe get new group of friends...i think u can recycle them, but if not i heard Nordstroms will take back anything without a receipt.

5. Toneth

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    there's nothing wrong with having a life outside your crushes, its called normal =P
    in the meantime allow yourself to come to terms with the fact that you might not be able to have what you want, and that's ok, but the sooner you accept it the sooner you'll be open to other guys entering your life in a romantic way.

6. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

Ya, I was more making fun of this guy, who doesn't seem like he does.

I don't think I'm going to leave the entire group of friends because of something like this, it is just one guy in a larger group. And I will probably hang with more groups of friends anyway this summer. I'm just glad I get to go to college next year :slight_smile:

Thanks all!