1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will a guy ever like me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gazza123, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I know I've posted several threads along these lines but I've just gotta rant a little or get it off my chest as it were.

So...

Will a guy ever like me?

This question constantly bothers me and I know it shouldn't I shouldn't let something as trivial as wanting a boyfriend... but well it does. It's on my mind most of the time, usually more so when I've got time to think (Usually when I'm bored) and it gets me down. Again I know it shouldn't but I can;t help how I feel can I. Dating sites to reinforce the idea that it won't happen and I guess me not being totally out doesn't help either but it just seems really really difficult of a task when it shouldn't be.

Yeah I know the whole "it'll happen when you least expect it" and blah blah blah but what do I do when I feel like this.

Has anyone felt like this?

What should I do?

:bang::bang::bang:

:rolle:

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Of course many people feel like this - you're not alone. :slight_smile:

If dating sites make you feel like it'll never happen, then don't use dating sites! Or use different ones.

In the meantime, until you meet someone, fill the days by making yourself the kind of person someone would want as a boyfriend - take that however you understand it. It's bound to be good for you along the way.

3. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Argh. Not that someone wouldn't want you as a boyfriend now. Just do lots of self-improvement stuff, cause it's fun and attractive to people.

Worst-thought-out post ever. :icon_sad: Sorry!

4. Ianthe

Yes. Someone will want you for his boyfriend.

Connect to the gay community through your gay friend. Or get involved in an activity or something. Meet friends. Then, you will have people to go to gay social events with. Then you will meet more guys. Some of them will think you are sexy, and some of them will develop giant crushes on you, which they may or may not tell you about.

Also, as you come out more, it will be much easier to meet people.

5. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I doubt this.

I don't know... I just can't see that happening to me for some reason

6. Pinstripe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I know it's simplistic, but I think you need to work on accepting the things about yourself that you can't change, and work on the things you can. Rather than worrying about whether someone will like you, work on yourself and your self esteem. If you do this, there's no doubt in my mind that you will find someone.