1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coming out to my cousin

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by csocm, Jun 10, 2012.

1. csocm

I have like a million cousins, well I am one of like 30. And well one of them, L is seventeen aswell and we have gotten really close this past year. Its great, we text like all the time, when ever my phone says that the memory is getting full, i just delete our convo and my memory instantly clears up.

Anyways, I have been wanting to come out to her, on Friday she came over to work out and write, but I chickened out and didnt do it. A bunch of times when we text topics come up that I could easily go to me coming out (like her suggesting me finding a husband on my trip to hawaii, or how i can write good girl/girl fanfic). So I am tempted to come out next time something like that comes up.

We have also been talking about me driving her places now. She can drive too but now i can legally drive other people. And I feel like I could try and work up the courage to come out to her when I am driving her. Or is is not necessarily good to come out when in the car? (I know that there is no deff right or wrong way to come out, but would you do it?)

I havent come out to any family yet and I came out to two of my best friends through texting, any suggestions or tips?

2. Thandrami

Well I told my mom like 2 weeks ago. I knew I was probably going to chicken out if I didn't set up the conversation right so I told her that I really needed to talk to her about me. By doing this it was unavoidable and she kept asking what about me that I needed to talk to her about. I know cousin and mom are different but id suggest setting up the convo so there is no turning back.

If you think your cousin is going to be fine with it then I say doing it in the car is ok that just makes for no escaping after you tell her. Its hard it really is but the best thing is not to beat around the bush and just say it. You will feel better after getting it off your chest. :grin:

3. alexi12

alexi12 Guest

As long as you are comfortable with your driving, that could be a good place to tell her.