1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Awkward Moment - Deleted Phone Numbers

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by squally89, Jun 11, 2012.

1. squally89

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for reading my thread here (so gonna sound like a rant)
    I am not sure if I'm in dire need of advice, but I'm interested in what people think of my situation. (Or if you were in a similar situation)

So me and this guy, Michael (fictional name of course) went on three dates. And after three dates he called it off telling me over the phone that he no longer wanted to date me. To me that was totally fine, whatever.
    Unfortunately or fortunately (not sure), I pull the "friendship" card saying back "I think we can still be friends". And we left it at that.
    Although I'm the one who suggested "being friends" I just thought it was a nice thing to say and I immediately afterwards deleted his number and text logs. He was basically wiped out of my life - completely. (No I was not hurt, confused, not hurt from the experience)

So I got a ring today on my phone, and I thought perhaps it could be news from my job interview. And it turns out to be Michael (Its been I duno, at least a month??) He asked me if I was going to be at the open mic event. I replied I did not know what he was talking about and he said oh yeah...sorry, how are you? I replied back, actually right now is not a good time bc I am having a water pipe issue at home (which was true), I will call you back.

I did follow through and called him back, but no one picked up.
    Is this a booty call?
    Am I suppose to follow through my words since I was being nice?
    Just unsure how much energy I should invest in this~

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like you didn't talk much yet, so he could have called for a variety of reasons. Maybe he genuinely wants to try being friends, maybe he was just looking to hook up - who knows?

I don't think you're under any special obligation to continue talking to him if you don't want to - though if you don't want to be friends, I wouldn't say that in the future. :slight_smile:

3. squally89

I think I am indifferent.
    For most of the people I dated I do become friends with them, when there's a solid foundation there, but with Michael it was very physical from the get go, so I didnt treat it with any "emotional" attention.

Yes, I really need to stop being nice~ Perhaps during that moment I did wanted to have some level of connection, but I did not understand the reality of what I was actually signing up for.

Okay, one small detail I "left out" (dont hate me) I did text him right after the "I dont want to date you anymore" conversation that it would be nice to have "one more night" together if it was appropriate with him. He texted back that it wasn't and its best we left it on a "high note". Frankly I do agree with that, I only texted to see what kind of guy he was and was our "three dates" really meant nothing but physical (No I did not go all the way, I'm a good boy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). Maybe I was wrong (?)