1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

are friends worth it

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Monique_Massacre, Jan 13, 2008.

1. if they lie to you and play games with you if they are pissed off at you for somthing and instead of telling you they tell evey one else and then pretend like every thing is fine.. i am starting to think that maybe it would be better if i didnt have any .. friends are more truble then they are worth i am starting to envy kids who dont have any.....:bang: :tantrum: :bang: :tears: :tears: :bang: :help:

2. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Yes, without them you have no one. Its much better to have them. They can be trouble, but they help.

3. Hollywood

I disagree. While I would die without any friends, your situation sounds really bad...I would look for new friends.

4. CorporalPie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'd say friends are totaly worth it! Without friends you'd be isolated and alone, who would you bounce ideas off of or get advice from? I have friends that I've been on nasty fights with but in the end they are always the ones that are there to help me when I needed them. So even if you dont get along with your friends all of the time, its still better than being alone IMO.

5. idk i am jsut about to say fine fuck in no friends for me .. exept you all on here and cameren ... only because i love him .. but as for my other friends i am about to say fuck you all ..you know

6. Hollywood

well, i dont know you personally so i dont know how much you rely on your friends, but most days my friends are all the keep me breathing...they make me hold on.

7. i think it would be better to be alone i was alone once and it wasnt all that bad .. i still have family .. i get along good with my family

8. Hollywood

personally, i think you'd be making a mistake and i think you'll think that too in the long run...but thats just my opinion.

i hope it works out :slight_smile:

9. acorn7

If your friends are sucky friends, I can see your point of you... but in that case keep the good friends, and find good new ones... Family is great, but for me, that's no substitute for friends.

10. Samus610

I've been in the same situation when I was in middle school. All my friends hated me and abused me so I just said screw you and was alone. But then I switched schools and found people who understand me. I know sometimes it feels good to be alone. But overall it isn't. I agree with CorporalPie. Friends are totally worth it. And maybe you should keep the good ones and also find some new friends. And you can PM me if you need someone to talk to.

11. tiptoerainbows

I've been feeling like that lately. There have only been a small number of friends that I've had that haven't been part of a fight. I hate friendship drama, it is stressfull.
    Maybe try having only a couple of close friends, they people that you trust. Don't be completely alone, always have someone <3

12. Sam

Sam

Friends are definitely worth it without my friends I know I wouldn't be here today however shitty friends are sometimes worse than not having friends. If I were you I would dump all the toxic friends I have and try to make some new friends or maybe talk to them and try to work out any problems with them.

13. Ilayis

Ilayis Guest

Those friends will never change.One moment they are your world,then the next they treat you like crap.Yes,keep the good ones,the ones that understand you,and don't make you feel not worth it.

14. ok455

I don't think its really important to have friends. I see people with no friends and they seem well imo. Friends come and go i had friends in high school and they are slowly disappearing.

I would love to have a group of friends but if they are going to cause problems whats the point? Its like buying a used car with problems

I would leave the toxic friends once a dog always a dog. I used to be friends with this girl we was bffffff we would talk on the phone for hours and hours. Hang out with each other etctecetc She met a stupid guy she changed so badly got into drinking and drugs. We tried to restore our friendship but it was never the same we stopped being friends

#14 ok455, Jan 13, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  15. Louise

Real friends are worth their weight in gold and are almost as rare. What you are describing are not real friends, they are kids that you hang with and enjoy their company (sometimes). However if you are no longer enjoying being with them and it is upsetting you maybe you need to put a bit of distance between you and them.

If you do this in a non agressive manner without confrontation a real friend (if there is one in the group) will come forward and look for you and ask you why you have put this distance between you. If no one comes forward well you haven't really lost anything then have you?

Once you have left your group of friends nothing says that you won't find different, more worthy, friends. Friendship can't be forced it is a natural attraction/affinity between two or more people, as we grow we change, our needs change and what we can give changes, if you don't change in the same way as your friends and there is no longer affinity then the friendship ends it may not be anyones fault in particular just the life cycle of that particular relationship.

Good luck :kiss:

16. Kovax14

Kovax14 Guest

for me, life would not be worth living without people to share it with. that said, there are people who simply enjoy solitude, and if that is their prerogative then I am in no place to make a judgement and place value on their lifestyle. in my opinion though, there is nothing like a true friend on whom you can rely and on whom you can depend on for continual support in all aspects of your life. if your current friends dont offer you these things, you don't necessarily need to dump them completely, but i think it could be good for you to have a positive attitude and go out to look for new people who might be better, more reliable friends

17. SpikySpice

As long as they will become better later. Maybe rigth now your friends hate you and do shits bout you but at some points they'll chnage and it's worthy for waiting

I know friends are the most important thing in this world, we have to treassure our friendship

However if this keeps going on till the point you wanna explode, then it's time to kick their asses. It's a big break down to loose all friends but remember that losing something is finding something new. If it was not my fault and my friends piss me off and i kep getting hurt, I'll leave them because they are not my friends anymore now they are hurtful machines and will bring my life down! Dont matter how friendly they were before.

If you try to work this out. Maybe clearing up thinsg will help , especially rumors and misunderstanding/ But drop all the oens who hurt you the most and start new ones, find new friends. Monique, youre a Socialable Girl, you may find lots of new friends fast

#17 SpikySpice, Jan 14, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  18. xxAngelOnFirexx

you don't need friends. i have none and i am satisfied. i use all my time to myself and i need no one else.

19. Arioch8688

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think Louise hit the nail on the head with this one. If they're really supposed to be your friends, they wouldn't be treating you like that. I think maybe the thing here is not to give up on having friends, but to question whether the "friends" you have are true friends or not.

If they turn out not to be, try meeting new people. I don't really know how shy you are, but I know that's easier said than done in any situation. I have incredible social anxiety, but I still somehow make new friends all the time. It can something as simple as giggling at a joke someone makes, you know? There are genuinely good people out there who can really be your true friends, it's just a matter of finding who they are.

20. Alexander

Yeah. What I was going to say is basically the same thing. :grin: If they treat you like crap, they don't deserve to be called your friends.