1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kicking down the closet door jet li style? Opinions?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by gmac, Jun 12, 2012.

1. gmac

Hey all what a long strange painful journey its been. 22 years old, closeted for 10. Never done anything with a guy. but I just know. And always kinda knew and accepted myself secretly til age 19. Was always religious and then I got outed making a move on fellow closet case best friend. Did I come ouy at perfect time (age 19 sophmore in college)? Nope got a gf and went deeper in closet for 3.5Unhappy and truly deluded yrs. really love her cant imagine loving or caring for anyone else more but still sexually aroused by dudes. As a young teenage closet case I never understood concept of self denial but its true. I actually thought I was str8 for awhile. anyways boom it hit me. Im masc but still fcuking gay cant change it and want to break down closet door all at once ...i know some people take time.with coming out but I wanna do it all at once so I can enjoy whatever is left of my youth. I deeeeeeeeeeeeply regret not coming out earlier. all of a sudden I wanna be a huge lgtb youth activist (whatever u call it.....even tho im old as fcuk ) Anyone else come out all once? How did it go? Imhammerdd please dont judge but I just told my parents I was gay not bi. Thanks bros and h05. love u all gay ppl

2. BudderMC

Not judging you, but if you are gonna out yourself to everyone, you might want to do it in a clear (sober) state of mind. Just to be sure you're doing something you won't regret.

That said, good for you for accepting yourself and having the balls to even consider doing this.

If you want everyone to know, I'd actually think the easiest way to do it is Facebook. Everyone hears about it, it's about as public as it gets, but it's kind of impersonal. If you want it to be a face-to-face thing, maybe invite whoever you want to tell for dinner or something, then drop the bomb then? I don't know, but good luck to you.

And welcome to EC!

P.S. You're not old, not even close. And there's nothing wrong with getting involved with youth LGBT activism stuff, I think you're actually at a good age for it. You're young enough that they can still relate to you, but if you're confident with yourself you set a good example for all of them.