1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fairly straight forward...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by super confused, Jun 12, 2012.

1. super confused

Okay, I have a gender question: I know that people say that gender is fluid/a spectrum; if I am usually a cis-gendered female, but I sometimes feel like I have no gender, what does that mean (with regard to a gender label)?

Also, I have a sexuality question: with regard to sexuality, I am gay, but that's just what I prefer. In other words, I only really want intimacy (basically all the foreplay that doesn't involve genitals, along with hugging and cuddling). Does that make me kind of asexual?

I know a lot of people don't like labels, but I'm not afraid of them, and I find them incredibly useful.

2. ryanninjasheep

I'm gay too and though it might just be because I'm young, I hardly even want to kiss someone

---------- Post added 12th Jun 2012 at 10:06 PM ----------

I think it still means you're gay, asexual is not having feelings at all

3. TheEdend

TheEdend Guest

That's a tricky question and something that I don't know about too much, so keep that in mind as you read what I'm about to say.

I googled some stuff and from what you say it would be something closed to Agender, which pretty means a gender which is outside of the gender binary. There are apparently tons and tons of different terms and labels that people use, so there really isn't a "correct" answer.

Why do you think you have no gender? Have you considered the possibility of being genderqueer?

As for your sexuality, it does sound like you are homoromantic asexual, but only you can really say.

With that being said, be careful in concentrating on finding the perfect label for you instead of focusing to just enjoy and accept yourself as you are. Follow what you feel and try to be okay with whatever that may be.

I know my answers weren't really that helpful, so hopefully someone else that knows more can pitch in.

4. super confused

Well, in answer to that question, I'm pretty sure that I'm not genderqueer, because I never feel like a boy; although, when I was little, I did want to be a boy for about a year or two; but now I really do like being a girl. It's just that some days, I don't feel like one. But, on those days, I don't feel like I'm a guy, either. I'm not really sure how to explain it. When I feel like a girl, you can tell, because I dress in clearly-feminine clothing; but when I feel like I don't have a gender, I just put on a baggy T-shirt or a sweatshirt, and baggy jeans. On those days, I even wear multiple sports bras to make my breasts smaller.