1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pride Parade ^_^

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by pinklov3ly, Jun 12, 2012.

1. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's that time of year again and I'm so excited to go to my first gay pride parade. However, due to lack of advertisement and having to recuperate after getting a tonsillectomy, I missed the one in my local area :tantrum: But there's one being held in the next county over mine this weekend and I desperately want to go; it almost feels like Christmas (!) lol. This moment means so much to me, but my very close friend/sister (I've known her all my life) doesn't want to go :icon_sad: She made up several excuses until she finally admitted that she didn't want to be away from home for an extended period of time. I'm really upset and hurt...this may affect my relationship with her seeing that I'm not as important as I thought. My brother, his friend and my cousin will hopefully tag along, but I really wanted her support. Any advice is greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

2. dreamcatcher

Whether or not your friend/sister goes, you should go anyways :slight_smile: It's something you really wanna do and it's great that your brother and other friends are willing to be there for you. I don't know the full details of how things went to down with your friend but I think you should forgive her. It might just be that she didn't understand how important this was to you. If your friend for the most part has been there for you and you've been friends for such a long time then I think it's worth explaining how you felt about her not being there for you. If she's a good friend, then hopefully your words will get through to her and you guys can work things out.

3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've done so much for her that all I'm asking for, is for her to spend less 12 hours with me to celebrate my gayness. I mentioned to her how much it means to me. However, her respond was that she's been plenty of places with me and how I'm the one who does not go anywhere with her. She also stated that she's not gay; I'm like, you do not have to be gay to go to pride. She's been to the gay bar with me before, so that's just another lame excuse. I'm ready to move on from this so called friendship and find new friends who aren't looking for incentives for being a friend. If it doesn't benefit her then she wants no part in it, which is really unsettling.

4. Deaf Not Blind

um, if I were a straight girl, even if I'm your friend and willingly go with you to a gay bar, does not mean i would want to be hauling to another county, and spend 12 hours of my day off work with all gay celebration.

can you see it that way too?

Litterally, have you done stuff for her for 12 hours you had absolutely no interest in? I don't know any bf who would, unless he was madly in heated love.
    She is not.

To be sad is understandable, but you have gay friend to go? If not, it is a lot to expect. And you should calm down and not be rash...if you dump her as a buddy, it will send a message perhaps all lesbians will act like this and prevent her from befriending someone else.

I don't think I would go to one if it meant 12 hrs come to think of it, even now. Just saying.