1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I really want to come out to my mother...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by WeirdnessMagnet, Jun 13, 2012.

1. WeirdnessMagnet

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Simply because we were (nd still are) very close, and I don't really want to have this kind of secret from her. But there are two problems. I'm pretty sure of how she would react (basically along the lines "are you sure?" "Did you try not to be bi?" and "I know that wonderful girl you must try to date" at first and with more acceptance eventually. Eventually.)

First, I don't really want to shock or scare her. I could live with her disapproval, but not with her being heartbroken, so to speak. And second is the stepfather. I really don't want to come out to him anytime soon (long story) yet it would be just unfair and impossible to keep that a secret from him. Probably the first thing she'll want to do is to talk to him about this, and even if she doesn't, he'd probably notice her being concerned with me for an unusual reason.

So, are there any ways to keep these issues to the minimum?

2. Chou

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm this reminds me of what my ex boyfriend went through. What he did was slowly become more camp in front of his mum so she just guessed in the end. Gave her time to come to terms with it. Then she had her on side to take on his -evilwhitetrash- stepfather. Hope this helps ^_^

3. Sayu

I can easily relate to you - I want to come out to my mum too, we are very very close but I don't want to hurt her feelings (well, I think she'll be fine with it, but still)...

4. WeirdnessMagnet

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok. My mom has NO GAYDAR. Whatsoever. Not in any way, form or shape. I'm pretty sure, because, well, if she had, she'd guessed long ago, and if she guessed, she'd ask me. I seriously think the level of camp needed to get through to her this way would be something that would implode the fabric of the Universe with its sheer fabulosity.

As for my stepfather, well, he's not really evil... Rather a cool guy actually. Except for his political views. which are of "I'm not right-wing, but... <I totally agree with said right-wing view, because just look around! {$These other people} are overrunning this country, and make life harder for us, decent hard-working European immigrants from properly civilized places.>" variety.