1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jaded as you get older

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by squally89, Jun 13, 2012.

1. squally89

Hi Everyone,

I was talking to one of my friend today and I realized something, I am actually kind of jaded. What that means is that when it comes to relationship I am rationale, realistic and objective. Having been out for 3 years and dated about 4-5 guys (all older than me) and having been the "dumpee" for most of these relationship have lead me to become quite reserved and less emotional compared to what I was like when I first came out, is that a good thing?

Actually that's a dumb question (above), let me rephrase the question - Is it true you become less emotional (doesn't mean you care less or anything) as you get older and "wiser"?

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know that any of these are givens - older doesn't always mean wiser, neither necessarily implies less emotional, and being rational and objective doesn't necessarily mean that you're jaded (I would think that it would be an IRrational pessimism that would qualify one to be jaded).

That said, dating a lot and getting dumped a lot can certainly lead one to expect less from the dating life. Could mean a variety of things; meet people in different places, or take a break from dating altogether. Or re-think what it is you want from dating (whether that means you get more or less demanding).

3. cscipio

I think many people become more content as they get older. I can say that things I used to get worked up about in my early 20's roll right off of my back now. I think that comes with perspective in light of increasing responsibilities, exposure to new things, births, deaths, marriages, and so on in our lives and surrounding us.

4. rainbowfox

well I think you did not become less emotional, you just created a protecting wall around yourself because of your unpleasant experiences :slight_smile: this happens :slight_smile: you should give yourself time :slight_smile: by coming a good guy this will pass :slight_smile:
    There is poet from Margot Bigel (I'm trying to translate it and hope to make sense), which says,
    How many times you searched for love and found your net empty, don't stop, try another time :slight_smile: