1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Talking to someone about it for the first time..

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by inkiepinkie, Jun 14, 2012.

1. inkiepinkie

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm so nervous.. I'm talking to my friend today about how I've been feeling. I know she'll understand as she's transgendered so I know that it will be nothing but support. I still can't help but to be nervous. I don't know what I'm going to say!

2. Snyder

Just relax, It's nervous for the first time for everyone no matter how much support you think you'll get. Be calm and take as much time as you need. Good luck!

3. BudderMC

^ It's nervous for a lot of people a lot of the times, no matter how much support you'll get :lol:

But yeah, just take your time! If she's been through it all, she more than understands what you're going through... keep reminding yourself how worth it it'll be to go through with it! Don't back out now! You can do it! :slight_smile:

Also, if you're not sure what to say, you could open with something like "I wanted to talk to you about this, because I know of all people you'd understand and not have a problem with it...", and if worse comes to worst, then she'll hopefully clue in and finish that statement for you. It might end up being a bit like 20 questions (or 4/5, there aren't that many options :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:), but it'd probably get the job done.

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just take a deep breath and get the first bit out, once you have started im sure your friend will help you with the rest. I think often the first bit is the hardest.

5. inkiepinkie

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I ended up not being able to talk to her cuz I got sick at work :\ soon, though..