1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flirting with straight guys

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dc101, Jun 14, 2012.

1. dc101

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So I'm not out at the moment and trying to get on with day to day life. The other day I was working with a straight guy and we were flirting a lot. If he was gay then I wouldn't really talk to him because I don't think I could handle a relationship at the moment.

The problem is I keep telling myself not to obsess over him because he's straight and nothing will happen, and if he wasn't straight I wouldn't even be talking to him. When I tell myself to stop thinking about him there's another part of my mind saying 'he's off limits that's even more enticing'

I don't know if that makes sense but basically my mind is thinking about him more because I can't have him. I guess it's some safety mechanism that's telling me it's ok tot hink about him because you know nothing will happen.

2. stumble along

interesting, so the issue is you want to.stop thinking about him? I'm alittle confused as to what you need assistance with.

As for the flirting its pretty normal. I get alot of crap thrown at me (jokingly) that i flirt with all my friends, i dont even know what classifies as flirting I just try and be normal

3. dc101

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I know what you mean about the flirting as I don't realise I'm doing it at the time. He even turned round and jokingly said 'by the way I need to tell you something' but didn't go any further than that.

The idea is I want to stop thinking about him and he has a girlfriend.

4. stumble along

Well, I haven't been able to stop thinking about a guy, but if you can/want try to put some distance between yourself. I'm in the same boat as you are haha

5. nachocheez

nachocheez Guest

this reminds me of that closeted nutjob that i had to deal with! see my thread