1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not as connected...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Pain, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Pain

Pain Guest

Hey everyone
    This shouldn't take long. Well, when I first joined this site, I felt so... whole, I suppose, being able to relate to what's going on with other people, the fear, the uneasiness, the anxiety... I could also give some advice (which I hope was good). Now, I just feel unconnected from the problems I see-- people's anxiety and all... I feel like I can't give any relevant advice or relate at all! Maybe it's because things have been great for me... progress, comfortability, acceptance, the best boyfriend I couldn't even dream of... But I don't want to just sit on the sidelines and watch other people have these problems! It's weird.... Should I be concerned with this?

2. rg93

Well I can't really say, I haven't been here long, but from what i've seen of your posts (small site), you do give some (to me) useful advice.

I don't think you should be too concerned, I mean you've been through all of these problems and brought them behind you and although it might be hard to realte, your advice is still invaluable, if not more. =)

I'd expect you would be one of those guys who can say "it gets better" and why, am i wrong? :wink:

3. Travel Tech

I sort of feel the same way. People having issues and me not having any experience to draw upon. When I do respond, it tends to be stuff I've heard from other people. I wouldn't be concerned, everyone here makes up a part of the community. Even if you just spend most of your time on Fun and Games, you're still interacting with people and helping give people something to do, maybe even putting a smile or two on some faces.