1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to go from here?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Soltec, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Soltec

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So, I've admitted to myself that I am bi. And I feel great about it. Like, I am absolutely ecstatic about this and I feel freer than ever. But that doesn't remedy two things: no one I care about knows anything about this, and I don't know how I should go about exploring my sexuality, homo, hetero or otherwise. Basically, what I'm asking is this: when you guys realized or started questioning your sexuality, what did you do and what would you recommend I do?

2. csocm

for me, i read a lot of stuff on this site. i was actually googling coming out stories cause i was working on a short story where the main character realized she was a lesbian and everything, and thats how i found this site. it was really helpful because even though i didnt post that much at the start, i saw how other people were in similar situation and how they dealt with everything. I would still probably be in the closet if it wasn't for EC.
    I wouldnt rush into anything, wait until you are ready to tell people before you do. That is probably the best advice i can offer you.

3. Ianthe

Do you know any other LGBT people in real life? If not, you might want to see if you can meet some. If you can make some LGBT friends, you will have their support for when you come out.

4. rainbowfox

first of all this ^

what did I do? I surfed all over the net to find any data, any short story or personal memory, coming out story or anything related to topic :slight_smile: it gave me a better and plainer prospect :slight_smile:
    EC really helped too :slight_smile: being in touch with people like myself who are taking almost same steps, and experiencing same feelings made me feel better :slight_smile:
    about coming out, I came out to one of my close friends, 11 days after I embraced my gayness :slight_smile: then in the last three months, step by step came out to my parents and two other friends :slight_smile:
    and right now I'm looking for a cute guy to ask him for a date :grin:

I think right now you should give yourself time and space :slight_smile: read as much as possible, watch LGBT related movies and series (like Prayers for Bobby, A Single Man, Milk, Will and Grace, Queer as Folks, and etc) to gain a better prospect of future :slight_smile:
    about coming out, take a look at this thread, it will make you really optimistic about coming out :slight_smile: http://emptyclosets.com/forum/comin...unny-responses-you-got-when-you-came-out.html

5. Soltec

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for the replies guys :slight_smile:

My best friend is bi, but the problem is that, if I talked to her about it at this point, she'd push me really hard about it. I'll give you an example of what I mean: I told her I was trying to lose weight, at the time I was walking and a couple of other things. She tried to get me to run a marathon the next day. She basically tries to push me and challenge me as much as possible, which I greatly appreciate in most cases, but I don't know if I'm ready for that in this case. Thankfully, though, I know that she'll be supportive when I'm finally ready to talk about it, so that's a plus. :slight_smile:

I'll give it some time, then, and read as much as I can. Thanks again :slight_smile: