1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out....now regretting it!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by daggerz, Jul 9, 2006.

1. daggerz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    :confused:
    Well I came out on Wednesday and at first I was chuffed but over the last few days it gone down hill.
    Basically I told my teacher (if anyone thinks knowing the full story of how it went then I'll add it) and I spoke to my friend on the phone who wanted to know what I was talking to him about. And in the end she guessed. I was speaking to her yesterday online and she went quickly after I was talking to her about how my teacher confused me (I often confide in her)
    Anyway I feel awkward with her and when I'mout and about!
    I suffer from anxiety and other things anway and this is just making them worse.
    Plus only a day after I first brought up i was out witha few of my friends and we sore someone she knew.
    Part way through the conversation Beckys mate, Hannah, said about so and so being a lesbian and they started laughing about!
    That was the last thing i needed.

Sorry if this sounds all jumbled. I could go into more detail about the anxiety stuff and if i helps i will. I just htought this post was long enough to start off with

2. Dejavu

Slow down there mate your getting a bit ahead of yourself. In what way did ur teacher confuse you? (alhough dont they always...?) anyway, since you "came out" you realy shouldnt have a problem with ppl knowignt hat your gay. If you didnt intend to come "all the way out" then its best to confront the person you told and ask them not tell anyone else.

But i really advise that you keep ur head up through any stick you get from anyone and just rise above it. Its not easy riding the shockwaves that are caused by comming out but they do pass.

3. daggerz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    He confused me because he said that I should be careful who I tell and to be cautious about telling people I know. Then he recommened i talk to a guy called Marcus who I mentioned as he is my age and he's gay.
    As for mate she guessed down the phone, don't have a clue how.

I don't plan to tell my mates at all!
    the girl who told wont tell anyone, i know that. I'm just struggling from the aspect that I suffer from anxiety and other disorders that I've been diagnosed with.

4. Dejavu

Sorry i got the impression that you meant to tell ppl. As for your disorders e.g anxiety i cant stress enough that ppl finding out that your gay isnt the end of the world and that comming out could put alot of your worries at rest, once the worst part is over you will feel alot more relaxed about it.