1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it wrong to get so annoyed?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rene, Jun 15, 2012.

1. rene

Okay so i know i get annoyed pretty easily and sometimes its really bad and i wish i wouldnt get so annoyed. I'm not out at school, and theres a lot of homophobic people in my graduating class so when they start talking about that stuff and how gay people shouldnt exist i get instintly pissed i'm afraid that theyll find out and ill be tormented right out of school... i feel like i should hide my annoyence at school or something or just come out and live with it. suggestions?

2. Deaf Not Blind

well, if you are scared of verbal abuse talk in private to school councilor about all the rude talk on campus.
    all people should exist, God lets us exist for a reason...we are to make Earth a better place for all.
    to say some people of any group should not exist is scary, sounds eerily eugenics...like Nazi eliminations.
    but if you can stay under the radar but act as a kind ally to gays, you may be able to just enter and exit that conversation if you know them and say...what other groups should we eliminate? maybe some Jews, or Christians? Chinese have funny eyes...blacks look like they haven't washed...or am i sounding scary now? del, you may not like homosexuals, but do you think it is normal to suggest any person is not worthy of life and should be eliminated? I'm not a Neo-Nazi, so i can't hate like that. i say respect everyone's right to live, and wish no person death.

sound safe enough? maybe that would be enough to get them to think twice before expressing hate.

3. rene

well sense i go to a small school small town sorta thing eveyone knows pretty much everything thats going on... and ive tried something like that but it was towards all the jocks and they didnt let me finish and looked down on me saying stuff like "WOW holly way to be a hater," then i started yelling and got kicked out of class.

4. Deaf Not Blind

you da hater? hahahaha!

did you talk to the school counselor or principal? cuz i went to a small country high school and they can threaten those jocks to stand down or be expelled. :wink:

love the baseball b&W avatar! awesome!

5. rene

the school counselor and principal are both crazy. the counselor doesnt seem to like me (my aunts partner works with her husband at a different school and my aunts partner and the counselor doesnt get along so she brought the issue to school and takes it out on me sorta) its super hard for me to get info on whats going on at school sense im not normally in classes with the rest of my grade, and the principal is too stressed about her home life to worry about the school issues really, but i guess i could go to the history teacher who everyone respects (also a teammates father who ive known sense i was little)

and thank you!! its me haha

6. Deaf Not Blind

SWEET! I am going to see a play about Dummy Hoy next week. I am also hoping to get to play on the local deaf co-ed softball team this summer. *fingers crossed*

Yeah, you should ask an adult in your school or a teammates father to help you on this, as it is not even just about you, it is about them...they are heading into a life of picking on others and it will lead to trouble for them.

You are doing them a favor in getting them to realize all people are humans, have feelings and talents, and maybe one day their BOSS! Respect people, and if they don't respect you, walk away.

7. rene

thats so cool!! i hope you get to play that sounds like a lot of fun!! i wish i was playing over summer sadly not enough interest around town...

but yeah if it happens a lot when school starts agian in september ill talk to the history teacher about it because no one wants to get on his bad side.

haha thaks but i dont think ill ever be there boss, unless they all magically stop (well not completely) being jocks and learn music.
    but thanks for the advice i think itll be super helpful around school and town

8. bob94

Your situation sounds very similar to mine (but luckily, I graduated last month). I went to a school in a rural and very conservative community. People always talked bad about gay people, even some of the teachers. I always just ignored these conversations (even though I was extremely angry on the inside), but if somebody would outright ask me what I thought of gay people, I would never lie. But if you want to intervene and defend gay people without outing yourself, you could always lie and say that you have a gay cousin, or something like that.

Good luck :slight_smile:

9. rene

Everyone knows i have a gay aunt.... i think I'm just gonna come out and see what happens if they wanna start crap ill kick theie behinds