1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i think i like this girl...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by csocm, Jun 15, 2012.

1. csocm

So there was this girl on my softball team M. We became pretty good friends, talked all the time during games and joked around.

I think i may have a crush on her but i dont know. She is really funny, gets my humor, seems to be smart, is sweet, nice (to me atleast) and she is pretty, (shes a blonde, i guess i have a thing for blondes). She is sorta like how i think i would describe my ideal girlfriend.

But there are two problems and one of them really makes me like really rethink liking her. One - she is straight, like she has talked about the guy who she likes who likes her too. Two - she is thirteen, as in four years younger than me, as in i will be a senior this year and she will be in 8th grade.

Another thing is, is that our season ended today and that she doesnt have a facebook and i was stupid and didnt get her number so i dont really have a way to talk to her until next season. hopefully we will be on the same team again, but you never know cause its rec.

I don't know if i am really asking any questions in this, its just i feel like writing it down or telling someone will make me think about it more. So i guess this is just me rambling on.

2. Soltec

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Alright, so I'm going to go ahead and advise you not to act on this. Why? Because your maturity levels are going to be far too different. If she were, say, two years younger, that would be one thing, but four is a little bit too much in our age group. She's going to care about different things in a relationship than you, and it will be almost entirely superficial for her. This is not to mention any sort of legal issues which may arise from dating someone that young. A relationship with her, even if she did want one, could end up being more trouble than it's worth. You may just want to be good friends with her and appreciate her company--you may find that she's not exactly what you wanted in the first place, but that she's still someone who can make you feel good in other ways. :slight_smile:

3. lilyoflife

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    U need a friend who knows about ur sexuality that u can just talk to. Even a pet might help :slight_smile: but besides that the EC coMmunity are always here to read something interesting

4. Ianthe

I don't think it would be appropriate to act on your feelings, unfortunately. I think that's too big of a gap at that age, by a year or two. There isn't anything wrong with you liking her, but I think you have to accept that it won't work, at least not in the near future.

If she were at least a freshman, it might be okay, but 8th grade is too young. She's past puberty, so I don't think it's weird that you are attracted to her or anything, but it isn't something you should pursue.

5. csocm

I don't think i was ever planning on acting on my feelings cause she is four years younger than me. it is just weird cause like she was brought up, the league is 14 -18, but she is really good so they brought her up. and when we hung out i would always forget how old she was and make after making a not so appropriate joke i would be like "oh crap shes thirteen." but she says that no one thinks she is thirteen.