1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any advice for a guy how to talk to a girl?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Deaf Not Blind, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Deaf Not Blind

hey!
    there is a girl i like a little.
    she is very attractive, and funny.
    but she also i thought was straight, maybe.
    she was dating a guy, but it ended, and she kinda flirted with me last night.

I put most of it on another thread yesterday.

if she don't chicken out she planned suddenly to go to this ballgame today with me. i mean i will meet her there. i hope she is not a no show again.

assuming she does show up, what should i do? what should i not do or say?

i got no males for advice i am suck in a nearly full female family.
    if you are a guy and have dated a girl in the past, what advice you got?

2. BudderMC

I've not dated anyone before (v_v), but I think the standard advice stands:

- Be honest
    - Be confident
    - Be open
    - Be yourself
    - Have fun!

If you follow that, I don't think you can really go wrong. It's not worth entering a relationship if you have to lie about yourself to do it. And if she doesn't like you for you (what you're going to be offering to her on this date), then there's no point in dating her either. And if all else fails, you're going to watch a game; have fun and your personality will shine. :slight_smile:

I will say though, it might help if she knows you're a guy (you're FtM, right? Unless I'm mistaken), particularly if you don't pass for a guy. Just to make sure everyone knows what they're getting into.

3. Deaf Not Blind

She knows me as female. we have been friends since we met at a Christmas party. she had a bf at the time, and they looked so happy together. i was happy she was happy. i hoped i could experience a love like that one day, but with her looking at me with those eyes. and now...
    the stupid guy dumped her!
    i consold her a bit.
    her brother strangely told me at an event that he had issues with that guy, but not with me and had no problems if i wanted to date his sister. :confused:
    now skip forward...
    she fb pm me she is indeed coming today.
    I'm feeling different about her now, i am attracted.
    if i posted her fb pix, you all would see why, she shines!
    i told her i have been more than busy with homework and avoiding friends, i have been a little depressed. not said why yet.
    i think if she is at all really attracted to me i will find out soon enough, even if not today, though i would die of happiness if she did.
    and i would then immediately tell her the truth.

i have to assume maybe her bro and her think i am gay or bi or something, and doubt they think transgender.
    i hope no matter what i do not lose her for a friend because i am not what i pretended to be.
    i am still me.
    just not in drag anymore or pretending as much.

- Be honest
    - Be confident
    - Be open
    - Be yourself
    - Have fun!

okay, i do that!

4. BudderMC

That's the only part I'm concerned about. I know she was dating a guy before... but assuming she's straight, then I'm curious why she's interested in you (who looks like a girl)? Unless she's not totally straight, then the question is would she be interested in you still once she realizes you identify as a guy?

I think if this is going to progress anywhere past a friendship, you're gonna have to be upfront and come out to her at some point. In the meantime, have fun at the game!

5. Deaf Not Blind

We wil! It is about 80 out, free burgers, hot dogs, soda pop and a game...plus a friend i haven't seen in months.

Thats good enough right there!

Idk, you would have to have been at the table when her bro said that he gave his permission or whatever for us to date, and looking back other things made me wonder if she is not straight maybe bisexual and didn't want to scare me off but thought i was in the closet...I can't not be a litle myself, I'm sure if her bro is as good at reading peeps as he claims he knew things i didn't admit to myself.

If everything she says is just teasing, awww! Rats! But it will be ok.
    BUT...if it indeed a little flirting and she means it, like saying she wanted to know if I'm playing and when i said i wish we had a hockey team cuz I'm good she said she wants to watch me...stuff like that, after joking that going out to eat is a date...makes me wonder. we have been to a couple places she went to dates before. We actually ate in a gay sports cafe. Um, I am slow at getting subtle messages. I have to wonder if she was hinting back then too.

Well, now I am aware of what I am, not straight, if she has been interested and I was cluless she won't have that problem anymore.

I will play it a bit safe, but if she flirts with me I am going to do it back.