1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are women more forgiving of being with out of shape guys than are in-shape thin guys?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jsmurf, Jun 16, 2012.

1. jsmurf

Seems to be the case. Does anyone have a different take?

2. BudderMC

Re: Are women more forgiving of being with out of shape guys than are in-shape thin g

I think women, like all people who like guys, have different preferences on the guys they like.

I think women, like all people who like guys, will generally take things like personality and confidence into factoring the attractiveness of someone rather than strictly looks.

I think that it's honestly near-impossible and probably not worth racking your brain over which guys women prefer.

3. Ianthe

Re: Are women more forgiving of being with out of shape guys than are in-shape thin g

I'm confused about the question. Are you asking what kind of guys women like? Or are you asking whether men care more about physical appearance than women?

4. Deaf Not Blind

I not undy the question.

Um, I will friends anybody any shape.

But look at and think they are hot, if they are dirty, smelling, unshaven men with big belly rolls. NO. But just a nice clean guy a few pounds, like say 10 or even 20 lbs over the perfect size, hey he's fine. :slight_smile:

Same thing for women. If they are well kept, polite, clean, i don't like it if they think they are fat with just a little roundness. After all, Marilyn Monroe was no stick! :grin:

I was born female-bodied, not typical gal me...I never have dieted and eat whatever I like. I am about 145, and 5' 6", and I liked myself when I was almost 200 as much as I do right now. :slight_smile:

5. confusedlady

confusedlady Guest

I agree its mostly about the whole person as a package instead of just a physcial aspect. There are men who may not be in shape at all but still attractive because of their personality.

6. BudderMC

Oh, I definitely read the question only one way. What I was trying to answer before was what types of guys women care about being with.

If it's about whether women or in-shape thin guys are "more forgiving" about being with out of shape guys, I don't think it matters. Both groups have their niche of people who base things solely on physical appearances. And honestly, those are probably not the people who you want to date anyway.

You could argue gay guys are supposedly a lot more superficial and would be less forgiving of that. On the other hand, we have a way smaller dating pool and can't afford to be picky. I think regardless the reasons it all balances out in the end.

I still stand by the idea that personality shines through and it's really not worth racking your brain over, though.

7. Deaf Not Blind

my buddy was told rudely by a guy at a gay bar he's too fat. :/ he is tall and not got any belly. he has a naturally round face bone structure which is handsome not ugly. but he began to fret and post am i fat? ugh!

people, this is coming from somebody not happy with gender parts, i love my body...true, it is only the wrong gender shape, but I do not care if i am big or thin. and i do not care if you are either. so get over the self hate, and don't allow ANY KIND of haters to bring yu down on your body...after all, we can do that pretty good ourself.

8. jsmurf

Both. As a rather shy introverted Gay-Leaning Bisexual, I've had more average looking chicks look past my moderately-flabby build and demonstrate a keen interest than with thin/lean cute gay guys ive tried in vain to pursue.

---------- Post added 16th Jun 2012 at 01:57 PM ----------

Im part of the problem. Im only attracted to lean dudes, even with average faces... with women im not picky about body shape but obviously dont feel the same chemistry or genuine interest when im around them.... save for the 10/10's. Who are out of my league anyways.

---------- Post added 16th Jun 2012 at 01:58 PM ----------

:bang:

#8 jsmurf, Jun 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  9. Zontar

What a rude asshole. Your buddy should've laid it on him right there..."what's wrong with your damn nose??" or "sure thing, bug eyes!"

I fight fire with nukes. :grin:

#9 Zontar, Jun 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2012
  10. BudderMC

I don't care if it's a man or woman or neither, if you're basing "chemistry" strictly on physical attraction, I'd bet any money that relationship won't last. On the contrary, isn't chemistry supposed to describe how your personalities click?

If you're not interested in the women for them, then maybe it's possible you just haven't met someone who clicks with you. Which is totally fine. But I don't think it's any more of a fair assumption that an attractive dude is more likely to click with you.

And you should stop with this defeatist attitude. If you're not interested in the women coming your way and you're longing over both the guys and girls who you think you'll never have, take some initiative and approach them. They're only out of your league if you maintain that mentality. Otherwise, if them saying "no" means they're out of your league, then everyone who ever says no to you is out of your league. And I'm sure there's some 2/10's who will say no to you because they're just not interested. Does that suddenly make them out of your league?

11. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Not really sure what you're asking... I care more about the kind of person you are than
    how many man breasts you have, I'm not shallow would be a better way to put it.