1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused and in need of advice please :)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rachealli, Jun 16, 2012.

1. rachealli

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello,

I've never posted on one of these forums and I hope I've found a friendly one! This is the first time I've spoken/written/said what I've been feeling for a while now and I'm totally bricking it! I'm 33 and female.

I've always assumed that I was straight but I've never been in a long term relationship. For ages I thought I was just shy or unattractive and, apart from a couple of one night stands and a month long thing when I was 19, I haven't been with anyone, male or female.

I've always been able to recognise an attractive woman and have briefly questioned the depth of my feelings for women but recently (and this is quite embarrassing and juvenile), there has been a lesbian relationship on a soap I watch and I've found myself quite turned on by it and it's triggering some strong feelings in me.

I just am not sure whether it's the excitement of something taboo or if I'm really into women. I am much more comfortable with women and have dreams/fantasies about being with a woman. I am really only attracted to really feminine women though and I'm wondering it's just a desire for the unattainable, lure of excitement kind of thing.
    :icon_redf:icon_redf
    I don't know if this makes any sense, it sure as heck doesn't to me!

Any advice would be great :slight_smile:

2. Waffles

Hi there! :grin: Welcome to EC~!
    You are now embarking on a MAGICALLL JOURNEYYYY to discover your sexuality. ( 'w')

It's great to know that you're noticing these feelings!
    If women are more the focus in your dreams/fantasies, then maybe you are bisexual. And there is nothing wrong with that!

Now, a few questions... if you don't mind~ ( ^_^)
    First... you say you fantasize about girls, but do you fantasize about guys at all? If yes, then do you find that you fantasize about one more than the other?
    Second... the one night stands you had... were they with just guys, or girls, or both?

It absolutely normal for people to want the unattainable. It's just human nature. :grin: But if you are excited (sexually?) when you see women intimate with one another, then you could be lesbian/bisexual. Whatever you are, be the best one you can be. I hope anything I said made any sense. XD

Stay strong, and we're here to help!
    *hug*

---------- Post added 16th Jun 2012 at 10:15 PM ----------

Hi there! :grin: Welcome to EC~!
    You are now embarking on a MAGICALLL JOURNEYYYY to discover your sexuality. ( 'w')

It's great to know that you're noticing these feelings!
    If women are more the focus in your dreams/fantasies, then maybe you are bisexual. And there is nothing wrong with that!

Now, a few questions... if you don't mind~ ( ^_^)
    First... you say you fantasize about girls, but do you fantasize about guys at all? If yes, then do you find that you fantasize about one more than the other?
    Second... the one night stands you had... were they with just guys, or girls, or both?

It absolutely normal for people to want the unattainable. It's just human nature. :grin: But if you are excited (sexually?) when you see women intimate with one another, then you could be lesbian/bisexual. Whatever you are, be the best one you can be. I hope anything I said made any sense. XD

Stay strong, and we're here to help!
    *hug*

3. rachealli

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey Waffles, thanks for the reply :slight_smile: I totally know that there's nothing wrong with being bisexual but most of all I don't want to muck someone around experimenting and finding out I guess I just want to know for sure first but that isn't always possible..

No worries about the questions. I used to fantasize about guys sometimes but recently it's just been women and the fantasies are way more intense. The one-nighters were with guys but I never really got anything out of them, apart from the first one and I was blind drunk!

Well I definitely enjoy watching women together on TV, etc.., especially the romantic side of it, it just kind of feels more right.

Mostly I worry about using someone to find something out about myself and, if I find I'm not attracted to women, dumping on whoever helps me learn that...

*hugs back* thanks :slight_smile: