1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I tell her?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by NickyGurl16, Jun 16, 2012.

1. NickyGurl16

So i was thinking of coming out to my cousin who is like a sister to me:slight_smile:. I love her alot and we have soo much in common, altho this whole time she knew i was boy crazy. She has a gay friend named Eric and she loves him to bits, but I'm just wondering if i should tell that im bi. I dont know what to tell her or even if i should. I completely trust her and a big part of me says she will accept it but there is still a small little part of me that thinks maybe she wont.:frowning2: im scared to tell her. Ive come out to my dad and brother which went ok i guess, i hope this goes well.

2. Jim1454

I hope so too! Let us know how it goes. I'd say you should tell her before you tell her friend.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would tell her, I know its worrying when you tell people you are close to, but everything seems to point to her being supportive, just take a deep breath and give it a go, oh and keep us informed.

4. NickyGurl16

of course! I will let you guys know how it goes thank you for your support it means alot <3 :slight_smile:

5. Martee

Martee Guest

Go for it! It's great that you're already out with some family/friends. Have you just not found the right time/setting to tell your cousin?

I think it would be a good thing to get off your mind...otherwise every time you see her you'll be thinking "Should I tell her?" - "Should I not tell her?" (kind of like the "She Loves Me" daisy game lol :wink:)

Don't make it awkward. I mean, don't sit her down and have her jumping to conclusions in her mind that something awful has happened before you have even spoken a word. Be funny. It's all in the delivery! lol...but no really, it is :slight_smile: Figure out a time to tell her and just put a lot of "you" flair into it...or just shout out randomly, "I'M BI!" when it's just you two in the car driving - maybe it'll startle her so much that she'll laugh and then you can just say it again in a normal voice and answer any questions she has :slight_smile:

Good Luck with all that. Personally, if I were the one coming out in this situation, I'd pick my last scenario, but that's just me...I'm random and my friends know this. But you are you and gotta do it your way. Like Burger King, you can have it your way! See? Random. i better just quit while I'm ahead :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. broadway26

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    It's up to you, if your ready go for it. If she accepts her gay friend, I'm sure she'll accept you. Good luck and let us know how it goes! (*hug*)

7. csocm

I would tell her, I have a cousin who I am very close to and I came out to her and she was completely accepting. I think she guessed I was gay cause she is really guy crazy and I never was. But if she has a best friend who is gay, i don't see why she wouldn't accept you.

8. Mej7

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should tell her. Just take a deep breath and let it out. She'll probably be grateful for your honesty and happy that you trusted her enough to tell you- perhaps even honored by it. Be brave. :slight_smile:
    Good Luck. Let us know how it goes.
    You'll feel so much better once you've told her, I'm sure.
    <3

9. Snowy song

I would say, if you feel that close to her, then go ahead and tell her. It's a nice feeling to let your closest friend - whether they are family or not - know who you truly are. Sometimes you can become closer to a friend that way. I would recommend it, especially since you know that she's comfortable around gay people in general. Good luck :slight_smile:, and tell us how it goes.

10. Koolladgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i think you should tell her - if she loves her gay friend to bits , she will love her cousin just the same.

11. NickyGurl16

Thank you guys for all your responses and support! I really appreciate it <3 and Martee you just put a big smile on my face with you amazing randomness haha:grin: i dont think im gonna yell it out but bring it up indirectly in a funny situation lol but thank you anyways im random as welll haha:grin: