1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My first time coming out face to face

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Deaf Not Blind, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Deaf Not Blind

I did it!

I went to the end of the Pride parade. I got pix, and can post maybe on my wall?
    Then I went inside the event area and I was not out of place, but I felt very normal. It was okay to be a man. I visited the TransActive booth, which is helping get info out to schools about transgender issues. I told them of the existence of this place and it made them happy. I may volunteer to help kids too.

I told the woman, a recipient for Queer Heroes Award in Portland, who was born male bodied, that I am pretty sure I am transgender and until March thought I was the only one. She hugged me. It was so good I went. I have not had any really bad dysphoria for about 2 days, ever since flirting with a girl I know. I feel peaceful like before but better cuz Im not faking who I am.

Then I got a Nike shirt made for Pride so all profits go to help all youth have equality in sports, gay/trans/and straight...everyone, just as it should be in America, right? I did see one odd thing...an open stall with a screen and says MENS RESTROOM. Made me almost want to pee in it to say...um...here??

I gave the shirt to my Gay friend who is hospitalized nearby. He is in his 20s and his spleen is infected. They are going to do tests to see if it is cancer. Please keep Joe in your prayers, as I really love this man, we are like brothers. I brought him stuff from Pride cuz he could not go, and real food not the hospital stuff, and got him laughing really hard. He got to get well, I want to have him come to eat at my root beer BBQ in July!

Well, one more step towards freedom of expression. And I have always been an American rebel. This is an interesting journey. Wonder what is next??

2. ryanninjasheep

3. Deaf Not Blind

Thanks for the yay! :wink:

4. Hawthorne

Life is a journey, we all are born to live through and do our best for everyone we meet and you make me proud to call you, friend.

5. Deaf Not Blind

:icon_bigg Wow! Gee thanks, bro! I don't know what to say. That lady at TransActive kept saying stuff like I got a good spirit and stuff too. What a nice way to end my weekend. I will have a peaceful night.
    Oh, and Im happy to found a friend in you too!

6. ilayis

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Good for you.Hope your friend gets better!

7. Deaf Not Blind

Hey thanks! Appreciate it. He puts up with me, so you know he is a nice guy.

8. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh wow, that is so awesome! Well done! :eusa_clap

I envy you, lol. Firstly because you went to a Pride Parade and secondly because you are one step ahead of me in coming out face to face. But it's a good kind of envy. The proud kind :slight_smile:

Will keep your friend in my prayers and hope he makes a speedy recovery so that he can party with you. What a great gesture from your side to bring him goodies and food from the parade.

9. Ianthe

Congratulations on your first time telling someone in person! That's wonderful!

I'm so glad you got to meet some other transgender people, too! I hope you do volunteer; it would be helpful to the kids, but also to you. It would be a good way for you to meet some friends with experiences similar to yours.

I'm sorry you missed the earlier part of the parade--there was a big section of LGBT-friendly churches, which I think would possibly have been of interest to you.

10. Deaf Not Blind

Hehe! Thanks. It is not about speed for me in my progress, it is just not slowing it down...I refuse to go backwards. I may need to hide it a couple months starting Saturday, but I will still come on here and still be likely progressing anyways. It just feels like natural something in me wants to be me.

And thanks for caring about Joe!

11. pastol

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Root beer BBQ? That sounds so great! Root beer BBQ, I just love the sound of that.

A big step for you, one to be commended. Hope the best for Joe, sounds like he has a great friend and care giver in you.

Keep up the good work DNB. What a great day you had!

12. Deaf Not Blind

Heck ya! It is an annual thing I do, 4th year, it is encouraged to belch heartily no apologies needed.

I woke up happy, feeling like why feel shame when we can be happy about ourself? Everybody was polite, smiling, normal. I saw no protesters,and only wish somehow this could seem normal to them too.

Im so glad I went. :slight_smile: I got to be me and hold my head up.