1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i just, i hate this.......

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by rene, Jun 17, 2012.

1. rene

I'm starting to hate myself again and Idk why. i hate this... lately i just dont feel happy, i can normally laugh without pain when i hear about a guy that wanted to hook uo or when a guy hits on me but lately i make myself laugh about it with my friends it makes me feel bad about myself when this happens and its not really a rare occasion... i hate it, it makes me slightly sick, and gross..... is this normal? Does this happen to anyone else?

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, it really does hurt because I truly believe that heterosexual people have it easier, and I hate to make such an generalization...no offense to anyone. I have a best guy friend who's straight by the way, who broke up with me because he loves me, but I do not feel the same way. So, for me, it's hurtful because I keep losing amazing friendships. You're going to have your good days and bad days, but just realize this, women are beautiful!! I'm happy to be gay, it took a very long time to accept it, but it is what it is. Tell yourself consciously before you go to sleep that you're happy to be a lesbian and your subconscious mind will register it. I'm telling you that this really works, it will bring you inner peace. And never harbor negative feelings, it'll only make you feel worse; laughing it off is a great idea. Wish you the best and good luck :slight_smile:

#2 pinklov3ly, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  3. Hawthorne

I actually know this feeling I dealt with it all my highschool and early college years because I was just getting to know myself and that is when I learned I liked guys not girls and most of the girls would still ask me out and I would decline and it made me sick to my stomach that I turned them down. For me it was more than likely that I never ever wanted to let someone down and to not ever have them feel sad for something that I did or cause them pain of any sort and believe me I was known by most of my friends as a lady killer, which is ironic right, but anyway the feelings are still there some of my friends now know that I will decline any dates basically by anyone and they supported my decisions and helped me through the sadness that it caused me and I believe that you may have the same if you say something to your closest friend and explain how it hurts you and how it makes you feel and that you just need someone to talk to about it when it happens.

4. rene

well i told my best friend who is gay aso he thinks its because i feel like im letting them down and i hate doing that i cant handle letting people down every time i broke up with someone i was sick for a week like throwing up and blah blah blah, its not as bad when its just someone flirting or turning someone down but its worse then it should be and i dont know what to do... i do talk to kyle and my girl best friend but they dont know what its like...:confused:

5. Hawthorne

Letting some one down when you do not want to or it is difficult for you would make it hard believe me I know and I feel bad that you still feel that you have those feelings I still have them so I understand but the only thing that you can do is see a therapist and get to the root of the problem or you can try to harden yourself which is very much so not suggested it will make you a hard person in general.

6. rene

ive been trying to talk to my mom to tell her i need to see a thearpist but she doesnt tend to listen to me..... ive tried hardening myself but i always fail