1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will they ever accept me?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Gleeko0, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Today my whole family had an huge fight, which screwed my school day and pretty much let me down. The thing was with my brother but Of couse I was involved even though I didn't do anything to get involved.

And of course, to help even more with the pressure of studies and my future on my back (Its my last year of school around here), they (mom and dad) mentioned my orientation.

The thing is, I don't have any doubts I need to study, get on a good public university and live by myself during and after it to see myself free of all the horrible things I have to hear from my parents because of their disapproval and strong signs of rejection (yes.. rejection) because of my orientation. Also, its like I don't care anymore about their love, their support for my studies is admirable, but what is the financial part without the emotional part?

After it all ended, i sat by myself and I hate when I do this, but I thought too much. And I imagined, some day in the future where my mom (which i heard yesterday, will not want to see me anymore after I live by myself) asks me to forgive her or something and I suggested us to go on a dinner with a boyfriend I'd have, because thats probably what I would do, to see if she would be willing to not only ask my forgiveness but also to fight for it and prove all she said to me in the past was wrong (which is today).

And I cried so much because I felt deep inside, so much happiness for imagining that moment, but it was extremely covered with sadness and lack of hope. Its one of the things I think I will die without witnessing, and something that now I know, means a lot for me.

Do you think it will it ever happen ? It happened to any of you ?

#1 Gleeko0, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  2. Ianthe

How long have you been out to your parents?

Parents almost always eventually come around. It just may take a little while. Eventually, your mother will most likely accept the truth about you. Sometimes, the progress is very slow, though.

3. Gleeko0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Both parents almost 4 months I guess, mom probably more than 1 year.