1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uneasy Feeling

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by XtReMeEnIgMa247, Jun 18, 2012.

1. XtReMeEnIgMa247

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let me start by saying that I've spent the last few months trying to form a band. Just last month, I met up with a couple of guitarists and they seem to know their stuff and they sound pretty good. I admit, they were kinda good-looking, but I just telling myself that I wasn't doing it for that.

Just last night, I was hanging out with one of them again, just singing, listening to music, and just talking in general. He was pretty drunk, so I wasn't sure what to believe and what not to believe. He sat next to me and said that he wanted to ask me something personal. He wanted to know if I was at all interested in women, and, after a few seconds of hesitation, I just told him the truth. He said that he had a feeling when he first met me. He mentioned his girlfriend a few times, so I'm assuming he's straight, but as stated, he was drunk and I wasn't too sure what to believe. I ended up shaking for the rest of the night. I wasn't ready to say anything to either of them and I still feel a bit uneasy about discussing it.

2. Ianthe

I'm sorry you had a difficult experience, but good for you for not lying when put on the spot like that.

My guess would be that he just didn't want you to think you had to hide it or something. He doesn't seem to have had a problem with it. And he actually phrased it in a way that wasn't very aggressive.

Basically, I think he was just trying to get to know you better.

3. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    First off, I agree with the what Ianthe is saying.

Secondly, are you shaken up because you told him you are gay, or because you aren't sure of his orrientation?