1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i am just like jay gatsby from the Great Gatsby

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by csocm, Jun 19, 2012.

1. csocm

Like the title suggests, I will be making comparisons to the book The Great Gatsby, its a really good book and if you don't know the basic plot line there is this guy James Gatz who falls in love with a girl name Daisy and so for five years or so he creates a new life for himself where he becomes this really rich guy named Jay Gatsby. He did it all for Daisy, and created a Daisy in his head. When he sees her again, she is married and he realizes that he didnt fall in love with her but the Daisy he created.

So in my first post i mentioned how i liked this girl that i went on a church trip with. The past month or so, i realized that i don't really know her. I spent about a week with her in Colorado and then we have talked on facebook a couple of times but I havent seen her in person in almost a year. So i don't think that I actually like her, I just like the version of her i have created in my mind. I probably would like the real her, I just don't really know her.

The problem is, is that i think about her all the time. My house is pretty much empty so i have sorta created an alter ego, a different life for myself and she is a part of that life. I feel like I live in that life more than in the real one. And even when i am in my real life, something will somehow remind me of my other life or her.

Has this happened to anyone else? Or do you have any suggestions, i have been trying to get over her for a while but i haven't been able to.

2. Ianthe

It's very easy to do that--I think most of us have at one time or another. My only suggestion is to meet some other lesbians, and see if you can develop feelings for someone that have a chance of going somewhere.

3. Waffles

The Great Gatsby was such a good book! My friends and I read the book, watched the old movie, and cannot WAIT for the new movie coming out in December! :grin: We decided that Jay and Nick should've gone gay for each other... then everyone would live happily ever after. The end. XD

But back to the topic at hand... you're basically wanting to get to know her better, right? :grin: There's nothibg wrong with that. ( .w.) It's nice to have thoughts of someone you want to be involved in your life, but maybe it gets kind of concerning that you're in your own little world. Are you often at home when your in this alternate world, or is it that these thoughts come to you wherever you are? Another question I have is that are you two still in touch? If so, how often do you guys talk? You say you have talked on facebook... can you think of the most recent time you guys talked?

Sorry for asking so many questions. ( ^_^); I'm just trying to get some facts straight so that I can give you a better quality answer. But in short, there isn't anything wrong with wanting to get to know her. I can say that you need to draw a fine line between the real world and your alternate world, but that is a LOT easier said than done.

Stay strong! ( .w.)b

4. csocm

I tend to go into my "world" mainly when i am home, probably because most of the time it is just me and my grandmother and it gets lonely. But it also happens like when i used to zone out at school.

Last time we talked was in like April, i sent her a message and she responded. I sent her back something and she didnt respond, of course i was stupid and didn't add any questions to my response to keep the conversation going. But except in december, i have started all the messages so I feel like I am kinda bugging her.