1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The girl I want to spend the rest of my life with

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by someoddgirl, Jun 19, 2012.

1. someoddgirl

I posted earlier about the family side of this situation, but I need help with the relationship part too. There is this girl who I've known for years that I think I am completely in love with. I've loved her soon after I met her. She just came out to me a couple days ago and we were talking today and said she was getting a girlfriend soon for "experience" but she is waiting for that one person to take the next step and be with her. She's been hinting that she thinks I'm her "The One" for a while now... I know that there doesn't seem to be a risk in this but, 1. I'm not even out yet, and 2. I love her, and if there's the slightest chance I'm not hers, then I'm scared to get into this relationship. But I've decided that I'm going to ask her out. How the heck do I do that?

2. kayce

kayce Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well thats grreat that you've found someone!
    You should make up something really romantic!
    You know make it special and stuff

3. someoddgirl

But I have never instigated a relationship before, so what would be the best way? Any ideas?

4. arretay

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Ask her out on a date! And make sure she knows what you are asking. That opens the conversation up. Go out and have a great night, plan something special. Then you can talk about your relationship and where you want it to go.

5. castle walls

I agree. If I were you, I'd ask her out. Usually, for first dates, I recommend something simple to get to know each other more such as going out for coffee. However, since you already know each other pretty well, if I were you I'd pick a date that incorporates something that she likes. For example, if she loves plays, you could take her to a play at a nearby community college or a nearby theatre then maybe take her out for lunch.

Whatever you decide to do, I would make sure you have time to talk during the date. Good luck!

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help

6. someoddgirl

I'm doing it tomorrow! I'm so nervous, but excited. Thank you all for the advice.

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  8. fireworks

fireworks Guest

Let us know how it goes :')

9. someoddgirl

Well, I stuttered a lot and got all my words mixed up, but when I got it out, she smiled that million dollar smile, gave me a hug, and excepted my proposition to be in a relationship! She said she's been trying to drop a lot of hints, but she didn't think it was getting through to me. She was hoping I was going to take the next step, because she was too scared to. I'm so glad I got the courage to make her my girlfriend! I am the happiest person on the planet! And, she thought my stuttering was cute :wink:

10. manshow

manshow Guest

ask her out for some cool coffee. Be casual and don't over expressive about you are being interested in her. As she is still waiting for an experience and you seem to be a one who has a lot of experience, I guess you could satisfy her easily. Just don't feel insecured as you've been already hinted from her side that she has interest in you. So just be who you are, play some good balls & show her the world. She'll be in your pocket in no time

11. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations (!).

12. manshow

manshow Guest

I believe that you are well controlled your expression. Did you ask for a outing? for a coffee?