1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I came out to someone yesterday...

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Lailee, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Lailee

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I 'came out' ( in ' because im not exactly sure what I am) to my best friend yesterday. I told her " I like to have fantasys about girls, I think I like girls"
    Well it was dandy and all. She wasn't even really shocked, she said she was there for me 100% and everything. But I think she thought I am going through a phase. Now, I might be. But I don't think so. I can see myself with a girl for the rest of my life.
    Any advice on how to make her see that I'm serious? Please and Thank you!

2. Gerry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well at least you told her and got that off your chest and she was okay with what you said. I think just having a discussion with her and telling her that you are indeed very serious about this and that you don't think you're going through a phase and feel that this is who you are. :slight_smile:

3. csocm

I agree with Gerry, I feel like just talking to her and telling her that you are serious is the best thing you can do.

4. Ianthe

Also, she will eventually get that you are serious and that it isn't a phase when it doesn't go away.

Part of it is that you told her in a way that didn't seem sure. As you become more confident and talk about it more confidently, she will get the idea.