1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel really bad right now.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DMark69, Jun 20, 2012.

1. DMark69

I am working nights tonight,and my brother, who lives 1200 miles away, called me on my cell phone. Since work was slow, and it is allowed, I talked to him for several hours. About 11:50 PM my work phone rang and it was my partner. He was upset because he was trying to reach me for 2 hours. I did not even know he was calling, I never got a call waiting tone, and all of his texts came through about 5 min after I got off the phone with my brother. He is all upset thinking I was ignoring him, when I had no idea he was trying to reach me.

I explained that I wasn't getting his texts and phone calls but he is still upset, and now I am upset, and I have another 6 hours before I can leave work and try to reconcile with him.

My partner keeps telling me that he wants me to talk to my family, but it seems that every time I talk to someone like my brother, for a long time he gets upset with me. Tonight I was even doing it while I was at work, so I wasn't interrupting time we would be spending together.

Sorry for the rant, I just needed to vent a little tonight.

2. Philvanuirle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well it looks like you're deep in the tunnel, but maybe he's just feeling lonely. Maybe he would like to be with you at night in bed chatting about each other's day.

3. DMark69

I'm sure he wants that and I do too, but I am at work and I've worked rotating shifts like this since way before we met. As hard as it is sometimes it pays really well, and is the field I have worked in for many years.

4. Philvanuirle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh, well I hope it will all get better though, you should really talk to him one-one. Maybe lunch together? Do something fun?

5. DMark69

I'm going to go see him in the morning. I just can't leave here for another 6 hours.

6. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry to hear it. How long has he been getting upset about this? Could you show him your phone and the time stamps on the texts? "Proof" is one way of taking care of it, for now perhaps. Did you tell him you were talking to your brother at work specifically so that it wouldn't take away from time with him? That might get his attention.

Anyways, work will feel slow but it will pass. Time has already gone by since you posted - hang in there. :slight_smile: