1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to my cousin

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by imdatguy, Jun 21, 2012.

1. imdatguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was thinking of coming out to my cousin because shes the same age as me and shes very close to me. She dosent have any gay friends so i dont really know how shell react, she loves one direction so my plan to come out was when she shows me a picture of them i would say how hot one of them is lol i dont really like the conventional way of coming out so i made something different. I am just worried because she might tell the whole family and everyone still thinks im still straight. any advise ?

2. csocm

well one she sounds a lot like my cousin who i came out to, (she is really obsessed with one direction). I think you should tell her, or atleast bring up LGBT stuff to see how she reacts. If you don't want her to tell the family just tell her that. When i came out to my cousin I was like "none of the family knows" and she told me that she wont say anything, it is my secret to tell.

If you guys are close she should be supportive. good luck

3. WonderEgg

Girls usually are more comfortable with finding out guys are gay because they feel like they can relate more to them. I think your way of coming out is nice. But try to talk about other stuff before telling her you're gay.