1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating advice!? First meeting.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by arretay, Jun 21, 2012.

1. arretay

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So basically I ended my relationship with my boy friend because while I enjoyed talking to him, I didn't really enjoy being around him, I was never excited to go on a date with him, etc. It just didn't feel right. Most of my relationships with guys start out exciting but as soon as things turn physical I lose interest.

I recently met a girl online, and this is totally different. I get butterflies when I think of her, and really look forward to her texts and emails. We have only been talking for about a week. We haven't actually met yet, we are going out next Tuesday night. I guess I am looking for advice? This is my first time seeing a girl in a potentially romantic way. I don't want to screw it up!

2. Awe, congratulations on the date!! ^_^

Advice... Well, just be yourself! You've both seen what each other looks like I'm guessing? And you've been talking for about a week, so you have some common ground to talk about things that interest you two. I know it's kind of scary. I think if you've already kind of hit it off, then it should be a really great date! Just enjoy each other's company. Flirt a little bit, but keep some mystery. Haha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Do something fun, and let the date take it's natural course. If things are going great after whatever you're doing, grab dinner, then a coffee. Whatever. It's really just the same kind of idea as going out with a guy, seeing as how you're so gosh darn smitten with this girl though, you'll probably enjoy it a lot more. :grin:

I dunno.

Good luck anyways! ^_^

3. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Couldn't agree more with the last post.

In addition to being yourself, let them be themselves. Whenever I go into a date expecting something from the other person (such as certain traits, personality quirks, etc., that will make me happy), it never works out. Whenever I take it easy and let them be themselves, it almost always works out (which may mean we keep dating, or that I run screaming :lol: - but either way I'm satisfied with the date). "When people show you who they are, believe them."

Good luck though! Always exciting to have a first date, and it must be great to have a first date with a girl for the first time. :grin: Above all else, enjoy yourself!