1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

welp....bleh

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by LaplaceScramble, Jun 22, 2012.

1. LaplaceScramble

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks to talking to a lot of people on here I've been able to come to terms with both my gender and sexuality. That being said, I don't know why but for some reason I feel as if I need to personally know people who are not straight. Most of my life I lived in a city where about +99.9% of the population was straight, and then I did my first year at a college where about 99% of the population was straight. In a couple months I'm going to be moving in order to go to a different school, but am afraid I'll run into the same lack of orientation diversity. Being pansexual (not to mention pangender) and being surrounded, almost entirely, by people who are straight feels stifling.

Now, I'm not a fool who thinks that I will be able to find a place that's the opposite of my current surrounding (short of San Francisco maybe :dry: )

I moved to a region that is generally more open about being gay, bi, trans, etc, but I know that I don't want to live where I am going. I want to live somewhere where I'll have no problem meeting other people who are part of the LGBTTIQQ2S communtiy. To be quite frank, I'm more interested in being in a relationship with someone who is part of the community than some who is female (the straight relationship choice for someone who is 'male').

I don't know whether this is just me whining and letting out steam, or asking for good places to live...but eh, what the hell, either way it won't hurt.

2. silkfrog1292

You live in Nova Scotia right? I think that is in Canada?? (please correct me if i'm wrong)
    Is it possible to move to larger urban areas like Vancouver and/or Toronto? Although it might not guarantee your chances of making friends with LGBT people, it might at the very least hold a greater variety of people for you to interact with....and larger, urban settlements tend to have more developed LGBT communities

(On a side note: i noticed you're 19 too YAY! i am 19 as well and is facing a similar situation. HK's gay scene is so tucked up and many gay people stay closeted, the only difference is i don't even want to meet other gay guys, i'm too cowardly in that)