1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by MathMan, Jun 22, 2012.

1. MathMan

Hey, I started searching online and found this website. I know I am gay and have always been, but I have serious self-hatred. I know now that I can't change and I want to love myself, but I'm not sure how. I've told a counselor that I am gay and that was the hardest thing I've ever done! I really really want to be able to be myself and quit trying to be "right" and never really say what's on my mind. It's killing me but I don't know what to do. Coming out feels like an impossible thing to do...please help!:help:

2. Lad123

Its completely normal to feel like that. Most gays, if not all, have such strong internal homophobia because we have grown up (like brainwashed) in a homophobic environment that no wonder we feel ashamed for liking the same-sex. It is really sad how society views gays, I blame it on religion.

You don't have to come out if you don't feel ready. I suggest you work on accepting yourself first and then think of coming out after. Although is there a close friend or sibling who you can trust that you can come out to? Sometimes having just one person as support can make a huge difference.

The only way to remove such hatred is through time. Learn to love yourself for who you are, there is nothing wrong with you. Stay on EC and surround yourself with like-minded people and you will get there in no time :slight_smile:

3. Philvanuirle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Firstly, loving yourself and accepting yourself is a good thing. Honestly, coming out will always be impossible for most people, it was for me; then I told two of my closests cousins, and when I saw they accepted it, I was delighted and relieved, but still scared, then I told my parents, friends, my teammates, and still scared. All in all, coming out to one trusted person, who loves you the most and mostly you talk to all the time, you can relax;and from there just relax and take your time. Don't rush... because I somewhat rushed and I'm finding it difficult going through this right now. Just be yourself :slight_smile:

4. csm123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I could not have said it better myself!

Oh and welcome to ec.

5. MathMan

thanks everyone for the advice!! I just recently moved here to asheville from a little town in virginia that has NO open gays as far as I know, rebel flags flown high, and people openly say n*****. I think being here may help. I just recently quit being in denial, and me being gay doesn't feel like the end of the world. So I guess that's a start, huh?